Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Attached to blankie

malky800

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 12:25 am
My 5 month old will only fall asleep if he has a certain blanky on his nose. I can't believe it starts so young. Now I feel like I need to remember to bring it everywhere.
It goes back and forth to the babysitter each day, otherwise he won't fall asleep for a nap. It comes to all shabbos trips, etc.
I'm going crazy. How can I train him to take a choice of a few different blankets?

drumjj

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 3:48 am
my three and a half year old does this aswell and it also drives me insane. but wow urs started young mine only started it about a year ago.

Teacup9

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 4:51 am
I don't have an answer, but I started sleeping with a security blanket at about nine months and...um...I still sleep with it. Obviously I can fall asleep without it and I don't take it on vacation or anything but I'd be pretty upset if it got lost.

cubbie

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 5:02 am
From experience buy another couple of exactly the same blankies and rotate them. My older dd attached herself to this little duck from the same age and so we bought a few you can't imagine the number of times her "dada" went missing and was later found in the oddest places - but she didn't know because I gave her another one to sleep with.

drumjj

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 5:20 am
I wanted to go out and buy exactly the same blanket my husband said dont be ridiculous but if it happens with the next child iyh then I will def be doing that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics