Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
You are Fired !
Previous  1  2

ny21

Post Mon, Sep 11 2006, 9:14 am
I dont

Last edited by ny21 on Tue, May 22 2012, 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

ny21

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 12:03 pm
I read that his daughter Ivanka is going to replace CAROLYN

ny21

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 5:58 pm
he hired a young women.

Last edited by ny21 on Tue, May 22 2012, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

ny21

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 7:01 am
Accordng to ynet ,news IVANKA TRUMP the donalds daughter is convertng to judism
she is engaged to an orthodox jew

yikes!

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 7:54 am
LOL I read about that too. I wonder where she'll dip to make it all right.

cassandra

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 8:46 am
She's being converted by R. H. Lookstein, staunch defender of the right of anyone and everyone to convert to Orthodox Judaism.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 8:56 am
Oh my goodness. I did a search on Ivanka's engagament...you didn't say it was Jared Kushner, whose daddy gave him 10 mil to buy... was it NY Daily? Or some other paper. He is the son of the famous Charlie Kushner philanthropist, who sadly had to go away for a short "white collar vacation" after some monkey business. Gee, I wonder how the machatunim will get on?

Tamiri

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 9:04 am
yikes! wrote:
LOL I read about that too. I wonder where she'll dip to make it all right.

Not to worry, the prospective FIL built a mikva and I think his daughter or sister is matron (= future SIL or Aunt in-law) so they are good to go!!!

ny21

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:12 pm
the boy's family donatedthe kushner yeshivah in n..j.

Last edited by ny21 on Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

avigailmiriam

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:22 pm
cassandra wrote:
She's being converted by R. H. Lookstein, staunch defender of the right of anyone and everyone to convert to Orthodox Judaism.

I know a young woman who was converted through Kehilath Jeshrun where Ivanka is supposedly studying. She's married, frum and a rebbetzin. I worry that this will cast doubts on her conversion.

cassandra

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:26 pm
By my comment? If she is shomer mitzvot I don't doubt her conversion.

avigailmiriam

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:29 pm
cassandra wrote:

Most people will, I'm worried about something like the Druckman situation happening, where one bad conversion invalidates all the others. Though I assume that since she's frum, a gerus l'chumra would be doable I know EJF has done them in situations like that, where Orthodox conversions "went bad" because doubts were cast about the rabbi or original Beth Din.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:32 pm
ny21 wrote:
Accordng to ynet ,news IVANKA TRUMP the donalds daughter is convertng to judism
she is engaged to an orthodox jew

Obviously "Orthodox" is pretty broad. Confused

TheBeinoni

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:59 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Oh my goodness. I did a search on Ivanka's engagament...you didn't say it was Jared Kushner, whose daddy gave him 10 mil to buy... was it NY Daily? Or some other paper. He is the son of the famous Charlie Kushner philanthropist, who sadly had to go away for a short "white collar vacation" after some monkey business. Gee, I wonder how the machatunim will get on?

Wow, I remember when they started dating. That was quite a while ago (maybe a couple years?)...didn't know it was that serious! Umm... Mazal tov...???!

cassandra

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:25 pm
avigailmiriam wrote:
cassandra wrote:

Most people will, I'm worried about something like the Druckman situation happening, where one bad conversion invalidates all the others. Though I assume that since she's frum, a gerus l'chumra would be doable I know EJF has done them in situations like that, where Orthodox conversions "went bad" because doubts were cast about the rabbi or original Beth Din.

It's not my opinion of him, it's his own insertion of himself into a controversy surrounding his own conversion practices. (His belief that it isn't right to prohibit non-religious couples from giving their adopted children an Orthodox conversion, for one.) There was a thread about it here but I think it was removed. I looked for a link to post but I couldn't find an unbiased one either way.

avigailmiriam

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:26 pm
cassandra wrote:
avigailmiriam wrote:
cassandra wrote:

It's not my opinion of him, it's his own insertion of himself into a controversy surrounding his own conversion practices. (His belief that it isn't right to prohibit non-religious couples from giving their adopted children an Orthodox conversion, for one.) There was a thread about it here but I think it was removed. I looked for a link to post but I couldn't find an unbiased one either way.

Interesting; I'll read up on it.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 7:57 pm
hotmama wrote:
Tamiri wrote:

Wow, I remember when they started dating. That was quite a while ago (maybe a couple years?)...didn't know it was that serious! Umm... Mazal tov...???!

DS said it had been on again, off again but perhaps now it's... on again?

Tamiri

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 7:58 pm
Regarding the conversion: Traditionally, I believe that converting for the purpose of marriage was not acceptable. Does anyone know better?
The rumor is that she's converting because the prospective FIL is not willing to have it any other way.
Kosher?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics