Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cant keep house clean..

girl29

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 8:13 am
Hi..
I need some tips/advice on keeping the house clean/organised!
I feel like everyday I am constantly needing to put away so much...

any advice would be appreciated
ta

Shebah

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 9:02 am
Hi girl29! I don't know where you live, but in the Brooklyn area there is a woman who put together an excellent book called HAKOL BESEDER for exactly these issues. I recommend you try to get a hold of this wonderful and very helpful book! It sells in stores in Brooklyn, or you can call her hotline to order one at: 718-303 4386 It's on sale now!
I wish you much success and happy homemaking! Smile

MrsMom

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 4:01 pm
Try not making a mess in the first place, put what you finish with AWAY as soon as you are done with it.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 4:12 pm
just do what you can - have everyone pitch in according to their size & ability ... everything else let go ...

ora_43

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 4:18 pm
I'm very disorganized--my strategy is to get rid of stuff until what I have, I can keep relatively neat. In the short term that means stuffing anything not critical into boxes and putting it away in a corner, then the place at least looks neat. Long term it means getting rid of whatever's not necessary, storing anything not in frequent use, and making sure there's enough space for everything else.

If you have trouble organizing, you might not have enough space--is there anywhere you can put more shelves? or plastic storage bins?

karen berzon

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 2:16 am
how about trying flylady.com

Fabulous

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 11:27 am
My house is often messy too. But what works for a while is either a motzei shabbos (if long) or erev shabbos. My husband and I spend two-three hours clearing and putting everything away (even stuff that we stuffed into closets, in proper place). Then I sweep and wash. If I put everything away, it usually lasts about two weeks till I have to do it again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry