Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
So, who else has a 2 yr old coming into their bed at night?
Previous  1  2  3

morahaviva

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:50 am
jellybean wrote:
Any tips or suggestions for us poor sleepless souls from parents who don't have this problem? LOL

I dont think that parents who dont have this problem would be able to understand, or help. Its parents who HAD this problelm and solved it that I want to hear from!!

Lefty

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 10:16 am
Mimisinger wrote:
AAAAHHHHH!!!! Every night for weeks. By us it's a little later, sometimes 3:30, sometimes 5:30. What do we d0???

I would never ever let this happen, rather lock my door let them cry outside for a day or two till they learn!! 2.5 yr olds KNOW that ur unhappy with the idea so if u lock ur doors they'll go back to their bed by himself!

ganizzy

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 12:01 pm
the way to fix this is to consistintly take the child back to their bed - even if its 3 times a night.

I just pick my dd up and tell her that at night she sleeps in her own bed. I say this calmly - no discussions no demanding. I tuck her in, give her a kiss and walk out of her room

the problem with this is a) you dont hear/feel the child come in bec ur fast asleep or b) the child quickly learns and instead goes to dh's bed bec he doesnt hear/feel anything

Tamiri

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 12:14 pm
I have a 4 yo who keeps trying. I just lock the door. He knows it's time to go back to his own bed. I can't say how many times I found him snoring next to me - never even felt him come into my bed! How come they don't go straight to Abba?

Tehilla

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 12:15 pm
my 4 year old and 2.5 year old both came into our room until we had the new baby. the younger one got in my bed, the older into a little bed we had in the room for her. it didn't bother us though.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics