Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
He nurses too much. A toddler.
Previous  1  2

challi

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 10:23 am
HAPPYMOMMY,

I don't mean to sound harsh but when he gets hungry enough he will eat. A kid won't starve if there is food around. Pretend like it doesn't matter to you if he eats or not, don';t make a big issue out of it and don't give in.

When I weaned ds he refused to eat at first and only wanted to nurse it took a few days and he lost some weight, but now he eats more than enough and has gained it all back. (see the is it possible a kid could eat too much thread.)

kaye

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 6:15 pm
I see you've been successful cutting down on the nightly feedings. Any advice for me and my 15 month old. She nurses all night.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 10:42 pm
kaye wrote:
I see you've been successful cutting down on the nightly feedings. Any advice for me and my 15 month old. She nurses all night.

If you can, enlist your husband's help. I let him cry it out using the Ferber method. In short: I put him in the crib, he cried, I left the room, came back after 3 min to soothe him and repeated... I also cut out one feeding at a time, not all at once. As a side note, he doesn't take a pacifier or a bottle.

Now I still nurse him to sleep, but if he doesn't fall asleep after nursing I put him in his crib and he goes to sleep on his own b"h.

But as to the daytime issue with food I am at a total loss. He refuses to eat anything. I hardly have any hair left...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics