Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What is your feeding schedule for a 5-6 months old

tzatza

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 9:51 am
In case of mostly formula-fed babies, that is.

ss321

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 10:02 am
Im not a strict scheduler, but basically my baby is almost exclusively formula fed at this point. I promised myself I would try for 6 months of breastfeeding as per the ACOG rec but I really dont like breastfeeding and was absolutely miserable in the beginning just like I was with my first DS for a multitude of reasons. Only x I nurse really is like the last feeding at night or if he wakes up in the middle of the night and both xs are usually supplemented w/ a bottle unless he falls asleep. When my milk dries up im done.

So here goes (5 month old)

Wake up (5 to 730ish usually, kindof unpredictable), immediately drinks an entire 8 oz very fast. He is like starving as if he hasnt eaten in weeks

930 (starts to get tired) sometimes whines and drinks a bit more 3 or 4 oz probably.
sleeps for like 3 hrs or so

1 PM: eats apple or pear sauce or sometimes rice cereal. probably about 2 tablespoons worth but we usually dont measure

within an hour this is generally followed by a bottle-6 oz or so and then he falls asleep for a couple hours (now were at like 530PM)

wakes up very hungry generally has 8 oz. plays a bit, sometimes dozes but not a real nap. switches from mat to jumper to swing etc, gets hungry bcz of all this movement and usually has like 4 or 5 oz in the next hour, thats it till he goes to bed. usually has one more full bottle right before bedtime, which generally takes him through the night. That is the x when I nurse him, but seriously lasts maybe 15 min, he knows he can get way more out of a bottle and quite frankly is not so interested, he enjoys just smiling at me much more than whatever bit of milk he is getting. Bedtime is around 9 and we try to have him sleep all night uninterrupted. Im big into that.

I hope this is accurate I generally dont keep track of what he eats or when, just trying to describe an average day.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 10:19 am
My 6mo follows a rough schedule.

Wake up apx 7a - drink 6oz bottle
9:45 - 6 oz bottle
10-10:45 - nap
1p - 6 oz bottle
2-3:30 - nap
4p - 6oz bottle
7p - 6oz
8p - 4-5 oz rice thickened formula
8:30p-7a - sleep

I have to be amother because IRL I have had too many people say "I hate you" because of his long night sleep.

I have stopped telling people when they ask.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics