Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Where should I put my baby?

ButterflyGarden

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 11:44 am
My baby is almost 2 months old and we want to move him out of our room. DS just turned 2 years old and LOVES his baby brother. This is nice except that he tries to play with him (and he's a bit of a rough boy) and sometimes even tries to pick up the baby! shock There are two cribs in DS's room. His is bigger and he can climb out of it but not in (however I think it's only a matter of time and motivation before he could get in). The smaller one he can get both in and out of. I thought of putting bed blocks on the smaller crib to raise it (the larger crib can't go on blocks) and maybe of getting a tent, however if DS climbed up I'm not sure if the tent would hold his weight and it could collapse in on the baby. DD is 3 and has her own room. She would probably climb into the crib only to give the baby his pacifier, but that still presents a danger. So, where should we put the baby? Is there any other protective measure I can take?

justanothermother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 1:30 pm
Can you put the 2 and 3yo together?

Aidelmom

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 2:52 pm
You can also put the baby in the kitchen or livin room - I've seen that in a few places.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 1:00 am
I would not put a 2 month old in with a 2 or 3 year old, IMO, that is dangerous.

Oh, baby wants a blanket (throw baby a blanket, cover baby up)

Oh, baby wants a book? (toss book into crib)

If your kids wake up and get out of bed, they have access to the baby. There was a very sad case in the states a while back where an older sibling threw both babies out of the crib to "bring them to mommy" (it was twins) and both babies died from head trama.

Move your 2 & 3yo in together, or park the baby in the LR or kitchen at night.

ss321

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 7:03 am
RachelEve14 wrote:
I would not put a 2 month old in with a 2 or 3 year old, IMO, that is dangerous.

so true I am Laughing O.L.!

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 7:07 am
ss321 wrote:
RachelEve14 wrote:

so true I am Laughing O.L.!

I know! Because it's what mine do / did.

Nechama: Cutie Boy want Matzah!!! (um... he was like 2 months old at Pesach. He can have matzah this year).
Rena: Baby want a blanket (drown baby, um... baby is not cold. Ima will cover him if need be, thanks!)
Rivka: Avraham Tzvkie want a car (throws metal car at baby... um, he's too little).

Thankfully he survived, and they are better now, but I would not leave an under 1 baby with older siblings who can get out of cribs and try to "help"

GAMZu

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 3:52 pm
Climbing in isn't the only concern- the older kids can reach the baby through the bars and hurt him.

So sad about the twins. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics