Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Brooklyn Chanukah House 2008

brooklyn

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 12:03 pm
Another year and another addition to the decorations. This year there is a large RAMBAM style menorah with Chabad style rabbis (the dancing rabbis) dancing around the menorah. I think it looks great. There is also a sign in front of it saying that it is dedicated to the Holtzbergs.
Pass by and see it. It is on the way to Dagan Pizza. Avenue T between Mill Avenue and East 63rd Street.
here is the website www.freewebs.com/brooklynchanukahhouse

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 2:42 pm
I really hope you aren't intending this to become a heated topic that should be in the controversial topics forum because I think some people (myself included) find this controversial and slightly offensive
I'm not going to elaborate--I'll leave that to someone else.

gryp

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 2:59 pm
Brooklyn, I know we can count on you to post this every Chanukah season. Smile

brooklyn

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 5:48 pm
No, not controversial, informative as many of you know from past years I think this is great. I love the new stuff that is put up every year. But if you want controversy, I can handle that too. Let me know what you think. GR you know I love this house of course I bring it up every year for all the new amothers who never saw it before.

manhattanmom

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 9:36 pm
Brooklyn, is this by any chance your house??

Clarissa

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 9:39 pm
On the top of the page, I got an ad for the Church of JC and the Latter Day Saints.

manhattanmom

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 9:41 pm
Clarissa wrote:
On the top of the page, I got an ad for the Church of JC and the Latter Day Saints.

See, I said it could be controversial!

greenfire

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 9:43 pm
time to get my menorah ready ...

Mommastuff

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 9:48 pm
There's a Chanukah house in Baltimore too. I haven't been there for Chanukah in a while so I don't know if its still there but it was BIG.

I haven't read up on your controversy, but it got me wondering what it was about.

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 10:33 pm
Well, my mother brought over my old Chanukah decorations and while I was at school proceeded to decorate with DS. Dh had NO interest in my dreidel lights or white ones - says they're too non jewish. He also doesn't want me to send out chanukah cards with pics of ds because he also finds them non jewish.

Well, Now to see what I'm going to do... Smile

Btw, we took down the lights, dreidels included and left up the Hpapy Chanukah sign and the dreidel and menorah decoration.

avigailmiriam

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 10:38 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Well, my mother brought over my old Chanukah decorations and while I was at school proceeded to decorate with DS. Dh had NO interest in my dreidel lights or white ones - says they're too non jewish. He also doesn't want me to send out chanukah cards with pics of ds because he also finds them non jewish.

Well, Now to see what I'm going to do... Smile

Btw, we took down the lights, dreidels included and left up the Hpapy Chanukah sign and the dreidel and menorah decoration.

I happen to looove Chriztmas light. We actually always have some strings of them around the house for lighting!

d l

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 11:19 pm
this is my first time seeing this. very cute.

nicole81

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 11:38 pm
I passed by the house in the beginning of last week. I was wondering when you'd post about it; I didn't want to steal your thunder!

brooklyn

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 8:34 am
manhattanmom wrote:
Brooklyn, is this by any chance your house??

Unfortunately no. I just love it, pass by everyday, I do happen to know the owners though.

brooklyn

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 8:36 am
manhattanmom wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

See, I said it could be controversial!

We get some "interesting " ads on this site as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics