Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Furniture deals

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 1:49 pm
Where can I find deals on furniture?

I've been looking at Craigslist and online at some typical places (Ikea, etc.). I don't want very fancy furniture. More contemporary style.

I heard some Jewish stores will give a deal to newlyweds. Any ideas on which stores these are? Or any ideas if the online stores (such as Ikea) will have big sales if they ever do?

Happy Mom

Post Fri, Dec 12 2008, 12:32 am
If you're comfortable buying used, keep looking at Craig's List. Don't assume the listed price is what you actually will have to pay - most sellers are willing to negotiate. Generally, buying used will get you the best value at the lowest prices.

If you want to buy new, I'd suggest waiting another few weeks since a number of large stores will be going out of business and liquidating their inventories. Whatever and wherever you buy, get something solid that will last - lots of things look nice, but don't hold up, regardless of how much you've paid for it.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 10:48 am
Thank you. I'm going to wait a few more weeks and see what happens with the larger stores.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics