Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
How do you make french fries?
Previous  1  2

Fabulous

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 10:39 pm
micki wrote:
cut up potatos make a mix of spices and flour. shake potatos in a bag with mixture bake or fry

I did that once but it came out so dry and "floury". Maybe it's because I didn't fry it.

micki

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 10:52 pm
ahh if you bake, spray with oil

Fabulous

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 10:57 pm
micki wrote:
ahh if you bake, spray with oil

I did, but maybe not enough. Thanks.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 10:59 pm
greeneyes - I'm coming for dinner ... looks yummmmmmm

as for fries - I cut up potatoes skin & all and fry in olive oil ... usually after making fried chicken so it's got some good flavor ... that & a little heinz ketchup goes a long way Drunken Smile

greeneyes

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 11:06 am
Happymommy, I'm so glad it worked out! Smile

Fabulous

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 8:26 pm
Greeneyes, the fries were delicious. I did soak them in ice water for about 15 min. and I think it made a huge difference. Now, I have a new side dish to use. Thanks again, tastes almost like fried.

cheerios

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 9:22 pm
mummiedearest wrote:

for all of you who buy the frozen, they're already fried. so they're not a health food option.

So if I want to have the convenience of a frozen bag of fries, but the healthier option of making them homemade, and baked, do you think I can cut up potatoes and freeze them and then have them ready when needed? Would the potatoes turn brown? Would I need to add anything to it before freezing? Is this a possibility?

greeneyes

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 9:26 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Greeneyes, the fries were delicious. I did soak them in ice water for about 15 min. and I think it made a huge difference. Now, I have a new side dish to use. Thanks again, tastes almost like fried.

Yay! I'm so glad you liked them! Smile

Fabulous

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 9:57 am
I just wanted to say that I made these again last night and they were so delicious. It really tasted IMO better than fried because I don't like the very oily taste. But it does take very long. I made it for milchigs and put it in the convection oven on 450 (strong) it took over an hr.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 10:01 am
I buy the McCain frozen fries that are seasoned and crunchy, pop them in the oven, and then eat them. They're delicious! I also like the Giant brand.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 10:06 am
DefyGravity wrote:
I buy the McCain frozen fries that are seasoned and crunchy, pop them in the oven, and then eat them. They're delicious! I also like the Giant brand.

I've seen those rarely like in WalMart. But in the stores where I usually shop they don't carry McCain.

greeneyes

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 4:47 pm
Fabulous wrote:
I just wanted to say that I made these again last night and they were so delicious. It really tasted IMO better than fried because I don't like the very oily taste. But it does take very long. I made it for milchigs and put it in the convection oven on 450 (strong) it took over an hr.

That's funny, I also made the fries last night. Smile

My 1 1/2 year old couldn't get enough of them. LOL

pacifier

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 5:54 pm
woaw greeneyes! you should open a restaurant!

when I make french fries, though, (and I mean the real fried ones), it's the only thing you'll see on the plate, and not for long!!!
they come out better when I cut relatively thin sticks and coat them with flour.(like micky said)

greeneyes

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 9:25 pm
LOL pacifier, thanks. That's what my mom says too. She loves to ooh and ahh over my cooking. LOL

Fabulous

Post Fri, Dec 19 2008, 3:23 am
greeneyes wrote:
LOL pacifier, thanks. That's what my mom says too. She loves to ooh and ahh over my cooking. LOL

Plus I notice you try to cook very healthy which is so important.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics