Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Anyone have a idea for party

goodheart

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:22 pm
Hi! im looking for idea to put on table when u walk in
for chanuka party any ideas? by everyones places?

Last edited by goodheart on Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fabulous

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:23 pm
Food?

A bowl of chocolate coins

Chips around quacamole and salsa

Doughnuts

cuteson

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 1:38 pm
I saw something very pretty (don't know how man ppl you have but you can still do it cause alot of the fruit falls away) instead of putting just fruits by every place setting, you can take lets say the cantaloupe pineapple or whatever fruits you might want ot put and cut it with a dreidel or menorah cookie cutter instead of cutting just cubes or a salad and you can make a strawberry sauce just to pour over. And add some choclate coins to the side of the plate, just to make it a little more interesting. (Very showy)

goodheart

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 2:36 pm
cuteson wrote:
I saw something very pretty (don't know how man ppl you have but you can still do it cause alot of the fruit falls away) instead of putting just fruits by every place setting, you can take lets say the cantaloupe pineapple or whatever fruits you might want ot put and cut it with a dreidel or menorah cookie cutter instead of cutting just cubes or a salad and you can make a strawberry sauce just to pour over. And add some choclate coins to the side of the plate, just to make it a little more interesting. (Very showy)

Ty thats sounds very intresting and nice but
I was thinking of making cut of fruits with a fondue for dessert.
but thats a very good idea

bnm

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 3:34 pm
scatter chocolate coins and dreidels all over the tablecloth.

Ronit

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 4:27 pm
how about some oily fritters. they look pretty & are delicous -I always make them for my mothers & mil's chanuka party - the big bowl goes in no time.

You make them by dipping this metal tool into a batter & dropping it into hot oil- it comes a few different shapes in the set - I usually use the flower one. they come out nice & I confection them...

supermama2

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 5:27 pm
bnm wrote:

lol if kids are in the equation...I don't think the coins would last till the guests arrived..

YChannah

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 7:44 pm
Hi, we are making a Chanukah party and do not know what to serve, any ideas? Also what do we do about entertainment? The crowd is mostly young couples and singles.
TIA

SuperMama

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 7:52 pm
Depends if you are into this type of thing or not. You could put out 8 bowls of the same size right next to each other and fill each with something: donoughts, latkes, candys, chips, salad, whatever you want. Then all the way at the left side or in the middle of the 8 put one bowl on top of a box to make it higher than the rest and in there put something. This way your table set up looks like a menorah.

Also, I don't know for what age this party is, but you could put out on the tables dreidlach, small menorahs, cookies you know just table decoration...

SuperMama

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 7:59 pm
YChannah wrote:
Hi, we are making a Chanukah party and do not know what to serve, any ideas? Also what do we do about entertainment? The crowd is mostly young couples and singles.
TIA

Well of course people will want latkes and jelly doughnuts so serve that Smile
You could have a beautiful apple slice desert. Applesauce

I would probably keep it pareve or milchig so ppl can have sour cream with their latkes although I posted a recipe some time ago for pareve sour cream from cashews which tastes incredible and just like real sour cream!

If you want to serve fleshigs I guess you could do some type of apple crusted chicken, latkes on the side with apple sauce, some type of vegetables/salad, cute chanukah cookies and jelly doughnuts.

For pareve/milchig
Apple coup puree, you can do different pastas, salad, latkes, jelly doughnuts, and yup.

Entertainment? You could have music playing in the background. Maybe do some type of a game which younger couples would enjoy... not necessarily connected to Chanukah. Maybe a "secret santa" thing for chanukah called mysterious macabee, ummm you know anyone who is funny? they could be a comedian there. It depends, you really have to know your friends. Usually with young couples they interact more with one another and just the conversations are interesting and don't need to necessarily have another form of proper entertainment.

Good luck!

cuteson

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 10:47 am
goodheart wrote:
cuteson wrote:

Ty thats sounds very intresting and nice but
I was thinking of making cut of fruits with a fondue for dessert.
but thats a very good idea

At this same party we had for dessert the choclate fountain with marshmallow and different dried fruits on sticks and long pretzels also all of these are fun to dip in the choclate and delicious. Just makes a bit of a mess.

goodheart

Post Sun, Dec 21 2008, 4:33 pm
bnm wrote:

did that one year already.

goodheart

Post Sun, Dec 21 2008, 4:34 pm
hadassa wrote:
how about some oily fritters. they look pretty & are delicous -I always make them for my mothers & mil's chanuka party - the big bowl goes in no time.

You make them by dipping this metal tool into a batter & dropping it into hot oil- it comes a few different shapes in the set - I usually use the flower one. they come out nice & I confection them...

do u know where I can get it?

chabadshb

Post Sun, Dec 21 2008, 6:46 pm
wow...I`m not the op but I was in need of ideas...thanks everybody Thumbs Up

Ronit

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 2:04 pm
I got it in bp in a hardware store. I remember noticing it in peppermill too.

Here is a pic of it online - so you see what it looks like...

http://www.goantiques.com/deta......html

g-luck

Ronit

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 2:05 pm
btw - I never got it to work w/ 2 shapes attached at the same time- I just use one...

Ronit

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 2:11 pm
anyone else who wants a cute idea- I did it last year on individual napoleans & this year it will be on mini cheesecakes for desert.

Peppermill in boropark sells tracers of a dreidel & menora - You place it on top of each desert - then confection it heavily w/ confection sugar/cocoa or cinnamon- depends what color the desert is... and then you take off the tracer & you have a really neat menorah or dreidel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics