Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Green mucus from eyes

Kumphort

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 3:48 pm
my son often has problems with green mucus coming from his eyes. His babysitter immediatley thinks that it is pink eye, conjuctivitis and wont let him come back to the day care.
The doc agrees too that anytime there is green mucus it means that there is an eye infection, but it happens so often, and will just last for a short time, I think it is more of an allergic reaction or something.

In the summer I took him to an opthamologist who tested his eye ducts, and said that they are fine, but that he could see allergies in his eyes, going to an allergist did not help find out what it was.

Does anyone else have expierence with mucus from the eye, but it not being an eye infection.

didan

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 4:18 pm
B"H

How old is he? I had this with two of my daughters. I did a number of things for it, and b'h it cleared up. Firstly, if you're breastfeeding, squirt some breastmilk into his eye. (Yes it sounds gross but it's very very beneficial.) Second, one drop of Vitamin E (each drop is 10IUs), twice a day.

Good luck, hope he feels better soon!

raizy

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 10:54 pm
it is not an effection and it is not pink eye. some kids have it naturally. the tear duct is blocked for some reason. sometimes they do surgery to open the tear duct. it is painless surgery and usally u can go home in a few hrs.

raizy

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 10:55 pm
and I think it is pretty stupid from your babysitter to insist that it is pink eye when it is not. change babysitters....

realeez

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 5:15 am
the way my babysitter says it is that instead of the "gunk" coming out of their nose it comes out from their eyes. she has 7 of her own kids , kah.

plus my dd had this at her well baby check up and hte dr. told me it's fine (I wasn't worried) b/c her eyes were very clear & not red at all.

raizy

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 11:55 am
I dont like your babysitter. she can have 20 kids. she still might be wrong..... she just does not want to deal with your baby . and that a easy way to cope out. does she charge u for all the days that she doesnt let u come. and what do u do if u have to work. who gets to watch your baby.?

m&m

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 12:31 pm
My son also has this once in awhile. According to his dr, it is a cold in the eye. (Like someone previously posted: instead of mucous from the nose, it comes out the eyes.)
Regular tea bags on the eye helps or just warm water. The importance is to keep the eye area clear.

SMG

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 1:12 pm
Raizy, in defense of the babysitter, it is not fair to her or the other kids she is responsible for if a child is coming in with unidentified green mucus coming out of his eyes on a regular basis.
When a real diagnosis can be given and a guarantee that it is not contagious, then she shouldn't have a problem with it.
Good luck figuring out your son's problem and finding a solution.

realeez

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 1:33 pm
raizy wrote:
I dont like your babysitter. she can have 20 kids. she still might be wrong..... she just does not want to deal with your baby . and that a easy way to cope out. does she charge u for all the days that she doesnt let u come. and what do u do if u have to work. who gets to watch your baby.?

are you talking to me? sorry you don't like her! I happen to love her!
she never said that I can't bring my kids if they have gunk in their eyes! I don't know where you got that from!!!!
she just compares the green gunk from eyes to the same thing as a runny nose. she lets you bring kids with runny noses - otherwise she'd be empty the whole winter!
personally, I wouldn't use a babysitter who tells me my kid needs surgery when they have a bit of conjuctivits thank you very much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics