Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Phil and ted - how to question

amother

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 10:20 pm
didn't know where to put this so sorry if in wrong section.

I have a phil and ted sport and I can't figure out how to do the following.

put up to sitting position. The straps are short and don't meet so I guess there is something else I must be doing.

Get the front wheel to swivel and stay in swiveling position. when I get it to swivel it keeps going back to lock so I guess I'm doing something wrong.

TIA

mamacita

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 10:56 pm
you need to simultaneously push the seat up and muscle the two straps together. I end up using my head to shove the seat up while I strain to snap the clips, dh has better luck doing it. It gets a bit easier as time goes on and it loosens.

As for the wheel locking. I find mine only locks after I take it out of the car, there is something about opening it abruptly that does it. Maybe try not to bang it when you are unfolding.

Hatzlacha! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about your p&t, I've been using mine for some time now very happily.

YALT

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 11:01 pm
I don't know how to explain this, but it's a bit easier to close the clip if you fold the extra side material neatly in the back.
you can prob. walk into any baby store and ask them for a bit of help.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 11:17 pm
thanks
someone who was trying to help us tried to muscle it together but we thought that maybe we were missing a piece because it didn't make sense that we should have to force it.

about the wheel. we never put it in the car so no folding and unfolding. whenever we are out walking with it I find it locked so I unlock it and it's fine till the next time we go out and then I find it locked again.
Confused
maybe taking it up the one step of our porch jars it?

YALT

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 7:15 am
if it happens each time b4 you go out.... maybe one of your kids are turning it while your busy cooking.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 10:31 am
It is hard to get together in the beginning. I've found that over time it stretches a bit and gets either. It is not the easiest stroller to recline and unrecline. and I try to do it as little as possible.

YALT

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 11:51 am
Normally I just do the zipper part.
And the trick to make the zipper part easier - only zip up half at a time.
Zip up halfway, then the other halfway, then back to the first , the rest of the way. then finish up the 2nd zipper.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 12:31 pm
amother wrote:

I take it up and down my front porch steps daily. I've never had this happen. (I'm not sure how to do it manually). does it happen when you are walking with it or only when it is sitting - because that would be strange.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 5:33 pm
YALT wrote:
Normally I just do the zipper part.
And the trick to make the zipper part easier - only zip up half at a time.
Zip up halfway, then the other halfway, then back to the first , the rest of the way. then finish up the 2nd zipper.

it only has one zipper and it doesn't bring it up very high
sky wrote:
amother wrote:

I take it up and down my front porch steps daily. I've never had this happen. (I'm not sure how to do it manually). does it happen when you are walking with it or only when it is sitting - because that would be strange.

sitting. Yeah I know it's weird,
maybe I'm doing something wrong. How am I supposed to make it swivel? What I've been doing is pulling out that chupchik think partially and then it swivels.
is there another way?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 5:47 pm
My zipper tore. Anyone else had that problem? I think their website directs me to the store. I hate HATE HATE complaining to retailers. Sad

yOungM0mmy

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 6:36 pm
My zipper didnt tear, but the little red handle bit came off, so I have to pull the stub of the zip. I hate doing, especially since I have very sore fingers, but haven't complained...

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 7:23 pm
when I had trouble with the p&t, I called regal lager. If they're still the distributer they were great and very accomodating. They sent me a new part for whatever I complained about.

normama

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 8:02 pm
#1 ok, I think I get the swiveling issue.
you need to pull the little button out, and then give it a 1/2 turn.
there is a little pin that fits into the button, and if you don't turn the button,
it will go back in. look closely, it's all in the turn

#2, I'm not sure what's up with your recline,
it should have the clips in the back and the zipper inside.
if both are done, then that's it. like most jogging strollers, it has more
of a reclined seat to start with.

#3, if it is indeed broken, you can try regal lager, but they are no longer the
distributer,
you can try the p&t web site and look for some new customer service number

I love my stroller, so if you have any other q's just PM me!

(also, not really a big deal, but just surprised at how many "amothers" there are in the stroller section. what's embarrassing about having stroller issues? . )

chaylizi

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 8:07 pm
what do you mean? stroller choices are VERY personal. please don't tell anyone that I have a Bumbleride twin, ok? Wink

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 8:38 pm
normama wrote:
#1 ok, I think I get the swiveling issue.
you need to pull the little button out, and then give it a 1/2 turn.
there is a little pin that fits into the button, and if you don't turn the button,
it will go back in. look closely, it's all in the turn

#2, I'm not sure what's up with your recline,
it should have the clips in the back and the zipper inside.
if both are done, then that's it. like most jogging strollers, it has more
of a reclined seat to start with.

#3, if it is indeed broken, you can try regal lager, but they are no longer the
distributer,
you can try the p&t web site and look for some new customer service number

I love my stroller, so if you have any other q's just PM me!

(also, not really a big deal, but just surprised at how many "amothers" there are in the stroller section. what's embarrassing about having stroller issues? . )

#1 ahhhhhh thanks, I will try that Smile
#2 the straps at the back are short and don't reach. posters here said it has to be forced. That's crazy

re amother, I didn't post here when I had my baby either, don't post how many kids I have, ages etc etc etc

sky

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 8:57 pm
yOungM0mmy wrote:
My zipper didnt tear, but the little red handle bit came off, so I have to pull the stub of the zip. I hate doing, especially since I have very sore fingers, but haven't complained...

Same thing happened to mine.

normama

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 9:57 pm
kikavu wrote:
what do you mean? stroller choices are VERY personal. please don't tell anyone that I have a Bumbleride twin, ok? Wink

ok, strollermama, I won't tell if you wont tell LOL

I also find the clips a tad tough to do, but they go. but NOT if a kid is in it. then there is NO chance.

but, amother, saying you have a P&T says what exactly?
1-you have a kid
2-you have a stroller
doesn't mean you have 2 kids, or what their ages/gender/cuteness level is.
Very Happy
(and really, I'm not picking on you! I'm not one of those "anti-amother" mothers! embarrassed )

Last edited by normama on Thu, Jan 08 2009, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 10:00 pm
since amother is an option in this forum and I'm not hurting anyone I don't see why I should have to explain anymore then I already did.

thanks for all the help everyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics