Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
How to give your leftovers a facelift

canadamom

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 7:20 pm
I made a big pot of chicken soup before shabbos and today I was left with 4 boiled chicken bottoms (which noone in my house likes) so here's my leftover revamping for the day:
I sliced 3 large onions and a tub of fresh mushrooms and put it on the bottom of a large pan.I let it sautee for a while and added the chicken bottoms. I thinly sliced potatos and put them on top, and poured on top of it my leftover tomato dip!!!! I let it simmer for an hour and it was YUM!!
Whats your leftover specialty???

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 7:23 pm
I generally stir fry anything fleishig. or put it in a rice cooker with new rice and some cranberries.

milchigs I eat straight from the fridge Smile

mamacita

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 12:49 am
Today I mixed some leftover beef and a few pieces of leftover fried chicken taken from the bone with some sauteed veggies and served fajitas. Yum!

boruchhashem

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 1:03 am
Fry onions, add chicken leftovers then bar b q sauce.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 3:57 am
I make a chicken salad using up my leftover chicken. I have two chicken breasts left over from shabbat (no one seems to like white meat around me) so that's gonna go into a huge salad for dinner tonight, with lettuce, red onion, portabello mushrooms, tomatos, cucumbers, carrot, and corn from a can. With a homemade thousand island dressing this is a great dinner.
Last, night as I said in another post I revamped my baked salmon into a great salmon and pasta dish.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 5:52 am
Baked salmon tends to get sushi-fied.

Leftover chicken gets turned into a stir-fry or wraps.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 5:58 am
chicken pot pie is yummy, last week I put the leftover chicken cut up in a tomato sauce and served with pasta. really quick and easy.

for kids you can egg and breadcrumb lefot over chicken and make into schnitzle.

maybe I'll make wraps tonight.

meirav

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 6:04 am
I mix it into my potato salad - yum!

Or, and this works with leftover burgers too, I mix with Israeli salad and serve in pitas.

freidasima

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 6:13 am
Wow you ladies are something.
I serve leftovers all week as leftovers.
You have soup and chicken and cholent and rice on shabbos?
You get it sunday, monday, tuesday and wednesday.
By thursday it's gone.
Then you get eggs until friday.
We are a simple household.

pinktichel

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 7:40 am
I like to shred the chicken, fry it over in a bit of oil with lots of shwarma spice and serve it in pitta with israeli salad, chummus, pickles, etc

I also debone it and fry onions, mushrooms and toss with gravy over rice.

Another: debone, toss in frying pan with rice, ketchup and lots of curry... nothing beatsthe way my father makes it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey