Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Is this chicken still OK to use?

tziviakayla

Post Sun, Jan 18 2009, 8:01 pm
I bought a package of chicken cutlets around noon. Then I went to another store, and was home around 1:30. It was cold in the car so the chicken was fine. My daughters put away the groceries, but diddn't put the this package and 3 others away. I started cooking at 3:30...the packages were still cold. I ran out of room in the oven, so I didn't make this one package. I started making soup and realized around 6 that I had forgotten about the package. Dh found the package. He said it was still a little cold, not yet room temperature. Is this package still OK to use? Should I cook it tonight or can I wait until tomorrow?

digi

Post Sun, Jan 18 2009, 8:03 pm
Does it have a smell? if not I would use it. you can cook it tonight or refrigerate and cook tomorrow.

Pineapple

Post Sun, Jan 18 2009, 8:13 pm
I agree with digi if it doesnt have a smell it shoudl be fine

Give it a rinse off and put it in another bag though it will "freshen it up"

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 18 2009, 8:30 pm
since it's coldish I would think it's fine as well ... I would go ahead and use it ...

mamacita

Post Sun, Jan 18 2009, 10:40 pm
I would use it tonight, cooking it fully and then freeze if I didn't need it right away.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey