Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep Sack Recommendations

AlwaysGrateful

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 6:39 pm
We have the halo sleepsack for ds, but he's growing out of the size we have. We really want to get him another, but we're not sure we want the halo.

We don't love the reversable zipper. I know it's supposed to be safer, but ds wears clothes with a nonreversable zipper all the time, and he's fine with that. We find it very hard to get the zipper closed, especially because he's always kvetchy before bedtime. Even with dh and I both doing it, it takes a few tries (especially if ds is flailing).

I'm nervous to just get another sleep sack, though, because halo is the only one I've heard of. Are any others good? Do they all have reversable zippers?

newmom

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 7:37 pm
Maybe you just got one with a bad zipper. I've never had any problems with the zipper, but if you want to try a different brand I have seen cheaper imitations of the halo. I think they carry other ones at babies r us.

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 7:53 pm
What's a reversible zipper?

AlwaysGrateful

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 8:28 pm
A reversable zipper zips from the top down instead of the bottom up.

Like all zippers, you need to make sure that the two sides are flush before zipping. But since it's upside-down, it's not instinctive like regular zippers. At least that's how it is for dh and me...

Anyone? does anyone have any sleep sacks besides the halo?

mamacita

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 12:47 am
I got one on ebay that fits from 18mos - 3yrs. It has a folding panel to expand to a bigger size. I liked it until dd started getting stuck standing up in it and kept waking us up. Then we didn't get into the habit of using it with ds so it's sitting unused.

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 1:21 am
I also never had an issue wit the zipper. I would think it would be harder to find the pieces at the bottom, get them together, and zip up. I just bring the top together, and zip. I have them from extra small size (twins were preemies) though extra large. My kids wear them until they go into beds.

mandksima

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 1:51 am
I've been using a carters brand one for my 6 month old who refuses a blanket. What is so special about the halo kind? I was thinking of sewing one and the upside-down zipper is a great idea for when he's older!

AlwaysGrateful

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 11:08 am
mamacita wrote:
I got one on ebay that fits from 18mos - 3yrs. It has a folding panel to expand to a bigger size. I liked it until dd started getting stuck standing up in it and kept waking us up. Then we didn't get into the habit of using it with ds so it's sitting unused.

What kind was it? Did you like it except for the standing up problem? (which I'm assuming would happen with any sleep sack?)

AlwaysGrateful

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 9:26 pm
Anyone? If not, I'm just going to buy the larger size of the Halo...

Mommish

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 9:53 pm
The halo one didn't seem especially warm to me. I just put on regular pajamas and carter's one-piece fleece pajamas over.

mamacita

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 3:10 am
Not sure what brand, and I can't check at the moment, bli neder I will try to check tomorrow.

I just searched for sleep sacks, grow bags, and whatnot on ebay and found a store on ebay that was selling new ones. This one came in many different weights/thicknesses and sizes and I liked the option for 18-36mos. I opted for the lightest weight so we could use year round by adjusting the pjs underneath.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 3:14 am
The halo makes a cotton and a fleece. I have the cotton and just use warmer pajamas, but it doesn't get as cold here as it does in NY.

#1cook

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 12:04 am
I use the one from carters and love them. also babys own makes a sleep sack
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics