Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How can I help my baby?

shmaichul

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 8:38 am
My daughter is 6.5 mo. she started eating solids around 2 weeks ago, in the beg she was very constipated but now she goes but every time she has to go she starts crying... any way I can help her?

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 8:39 am
What is she eating? I was told that rice cereal can cause constipation, but oatmeal and barley cereal can do the opposite. So if you can adjust what she's eating, that might help?

shmaichul

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 8:43 am
oh really didnt know that... ussually give her oatmeal (the baby kind) and a jar of fruit like lunch time and rice cereal and a jar of veg around supper time...

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 8:59 am
Definitely double-check this info - either with someone more experienced on here or with your doctor. They mentioned this to me when I started ds on solids, but it was never applicable so I could definitely be confusing something...

Good luck!

JuliaB

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 9:01 am
my dd had this problem and my ped told us to switch to just oatmeal and either add prune (or pear) juice to cereal or give it to her (diluted) in a bottle. I would also add a little prune juice to expressed breast milk.. it resolved itself nicely. I would check with your ped though

ss321

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 10:53 am
try giving her some water in a bottle. some kids wont drink it because its not sweet enough...so add (to 8 oz) about 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. The extra hydration might help w constipation.
You can also try mixing milk with some prune juice
or giving more prune juice straight up
all those things might help

shmaichul

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 11:03 am
thanks! I tried giving her a bottle with water and juice but she didnt really know what to do with it (I only nurse) then I tried sippy cup bu she was getting f rustrated... guess ill keep trying!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics