Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning pen marks on a leather couch?

beautiful blessings

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 12:39 am
Not just marks, but full blown scribbles. How do I do it? I sure hope it's possible!

While we're at it, how about the walls? embarrassed

MiamiMommy

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 10:49 am
A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works really well on walls.

As for the couch. . .yikes! Alcohol is good for taking ink out, but test it on an a hidden area first. Also, try calling a leather or furniture store, they may sell something special. Good luck!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 11:45 am
I saw something at BBB to match different colors of leather.

beautiful blessings

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 1:15 pm
Thank you both! I looked a bit online, and people have been recommending perfume. I don't think I'll use it as many have said that it also discolored the leather.

I will try tea tree oil. And that magic eraser (for the walls). I tried looking at BBB website but I couldn't find anything!

fiddle

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 3:36 pm
ds 2 yrs old took a permanent marker and wrote all over my (material) couch....used alcohol an hair spray and SCRUBBED... faded to almost nothing....but today he found a pen, and wat can I say..its all nice and scribbley'd on again! so I will try this method yet again tonite!

shiam

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 3:54 pm
You can use the Mr. Clean eraser on the couch also, works great! You wont believe how much dirt it will remove. Use it once you will use it forever.

rivk241

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 2:45 pm
try hairspray

MrsLeo

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 2:33 pm
shiam wrote:
You can use the Mr. Clean eraser on the couch also, works great! You wont believe how much dirt it will remove. Use it once you will use it forever.

The magic eraser is amazing. I have black and white linoleum tiles in my kitchen and the white ones were starting to match the black ones and nothing would make them white again. I tried the magic eraser and it was so amazing that I actually washed my whole (tiny) kitchen floor with a sponge and it was so worth it. Now my kitchen floor is gleaming!

beautiful blessings

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 4:28 pm
shiam wrote:

Does it make the leather fade? I tried the tea tree oil (just a drop for starters) and it was starting to fade...The magic eraser worked magic on my walls though!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry