Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Should we start?

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Jan 24 2009, 8:26 pm
Ds is 2 1/2. IYH we are expecting in the next month or so, so it's a rocky time. Ds is very excited about the potty - friends who make on the potty, wants underwear. But, I don't think he's ready. We tried a while ago and he made peepee a couple of times on the potty, but while he used to tell us he had a dirty diaper, he no longer does it.

Should I try training, because he's so excited about it, or should I wait? Does starting and stopping and starting and stopping hinder the process?

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Sat, Jan 24 2009, 8:43 pm
I would definitely strike while the iron is hot! If he's interested, go for it. It gets harder as the children get older and become more strong willed about doing things their own way.

Also, I assume you'll be home a lot with a newborn, which is kinda what you need for the time that the training is in progress.

Good luck.

greenfire

Post Sat, Jan 24 2009, 8:55 pm
most definitely yes ... he is old enough and interested ... just remember to pay a lot of attention to him when the new baby comes in regard to his new underoos and have him help with the babies diapers so he feels the part of big bro ...

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jan 24 2009, 9:07 pm
Expect accidents.

cl

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 1:42 pm
actually to combine toilet trainign within 3 months either side of having a new baby is not such a great idea. Also think about whether u will have koach 2 clean up the 2y.o.'s toilet messes when u tired from a newborn?
Also whoever will be loking after ur 2y.o. while u r 'out of action' the first week or so after the baby is born will have the additional burden of 'toilet training'

sigiworld

Post Sun, Feb 08 2009, 10:19 pm
Go for it! He sounds like he's ready... It might mean some more work on your part, sending him to the toilet every hour or so, cleaning up after an accident, but in the long run you will be much better off.

RightOnTarget

Post Sun, Feb 08 2009, 10:45 pm
If you can get it done before ur next baby, do it. might be hard now but u'll be thankful after. Will save u cost on pampers when u'll have another size and u'll have less hassle changing 2 kids.

I feel like I'm the pamper lady between a toddler and newborn...

Good Luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training