Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Linty clothes

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 6:24 pm
we just moved into a new place and even tho I empty the filter with every load, my clothes always comes out of the dryer linty, sometimes more sometimes less. am I doing s/t wrong? is there a way to fix it or maybe its normal???

louche

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 7:33 am
Are you drying lint takers (corduroy, velour) with lint givers (terrycloth)? Are you leaving kleenex or other paper in pockets? Are you drying lights and brights with darks? Overloading the dryer? All no-nos. Try separating whites, colors and darks, separating fabric types, adding white vinegar to your final rinse and drying smaller loads. Also try wiping down the inside of the drum before using loading the dryer.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 8:24 am
sometimes the lint gets behind and stuck into the dryer - they have things that look like huge bottle brushes to clean the insides or a maintenance guy might have to do it ... also if this is a laundromat style machine owned by the landlord or yours would make the difference in whose taking this load ...

ABC

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 12:59 pm
what is lint?

louche

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 7:47 am
ABC wrote:
what is lint?

ru a troll? please tell me english isn't your first language. lint is that fluffy, dusty-looking material that clings to clothing coming out of the wash or the dryer. It looks like dirty streaks and can be hard to remove.

ABC

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 12:21 pm
[quote="louche"][quote="ABC"]what is lint?[/quote]

ru a troll? please tell me english isn't your first language. lint is that fluffy, dusty-looking material that clings to clothing coming out of the wash or the dryer. It looks like dirty streaks and can be hard to remove.[/quote]

shock excuse me?
I hope you don't speak that rudely to people in person...

no I am not a troll. I am just not american ... Hooray

in any case, thanks for the explanation. and maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never experienced lint on my clothing. I was wondering if it meant the bobbles clothing sometimes gets.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 5:16 pm
You may have washed a bad towel once with your clothes. It can take a few good washes to get it out, especially if you won’t dry them.

Make sure to wash colors separate, and I’m picky about textures too. I would never wash a towel with a Shabbos dress, a sweater with a uniform skirt, etc.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 5:26 pm
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a troll?

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 5:29 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a troll?

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 5:47 pm
Thanks for your answer ShakleeMom. Love the pic! Of course I know what a troll doll is, but thanks for the internet troll description. Now I don't feel so ignorant anymore.

Yael

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 6:31 pm
The Imamother definition also includes anyone who doesnt belong here. like if a man or unmarried girl signed up, they'd be found out pretty quickly by the women who think they are a troll.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry