Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Penne Arrabiata YUM!!!

atlastamom

Post Wed, Nov 14 2007, 10:07 pm
INGREDIENTS

* 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
* 6 cloves garlic, sliced
* 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
* 1/2 cup tomato sauce
* 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped ([I]I didn't have, so I left it out.[/I])
* 1 (12 ounce) package dried penne pasta
* 2 eggs
* 2 cups bread crumbs ([I]I just used seasoned bread crumbs to save time[/I])
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 1 pound thin chicken breast cutlets

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, and saute for a few minutes. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes, and saute for another minute. Pour in the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, and add the basil. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta, and cook for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs with a fork. Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Stir the garlic powder, salt and pepper into the bread crumbs. Dip chicken cutlets into the egg, then press into the bread crumbs until completely coated.
4. Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken for about 5 minutes per side, or until the coating is a nice dark brown color.
5. Remove chicken, and cut into slices. Toss the chicken slices into the sauce, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir in the cooked penne, simmer for a few more minutes to soak up the flavor, then serve.

[I]This was supper tonight. Not hard, and very good![/I]

lubmommy

Post Wed, Nov 14 2007, 11:37 pm
How many servings does this make? It sounds delicious Very Happy but too much of a patchkeh for me Sad .

atlastamom

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 10:35 am
I used a whole box of pasta, and I would say it was enough for 6 servings. It wasn't very complicated, especially if you do everything at the same time.

Lilkingdom

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 12:50 pm
This recipe smells really good! I wana try it tonight. Would this be good with stir fry chicken? (is stir fry chicken same as cutlets? I'm a bit clueless in the kitchen embarrassed )

moomoo

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 12:19 pm
How big is the box??? It could be a pound box, or it could be a costco box!! (just kiddin!)

SingALong

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 9:19 pm
I think I will try this out but with ony sauteing the chicken in pam/olive oil, no breadcrumb mixture. ya think that will work?

atlastamom

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 10:11 pm
So funny, I actually made this for supper tonight without knowing that the thread was revived!

it's a 1 lb. box of penne.

the sauce is really good so I think it will be good without the breadcrumbs too
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey