Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
KBD Entertains- plum crumble cake, can I sub. ano. fruit?

Mevater

Post Sun, Dec 24 2006, 4:30 pm
KBD Entertains- plum crumble cake- has anyone tried it? If yes, how was it Question
Has anyone substituted another fruit? I'm a regular "recipe substituter", which usually works out. Any reason I can't go with apples or peaches?
Has anyone tried anything else from that cookbook?

queen

Post Sun, Dec 24 2006, 6:16 pm
the fruit you suggest sound similar in taste and consistency to plums.... so I'd think it would work fine.

do I get a slice to taste?

Mevater

Post Sun, Dec 24 2006, 7:03 pm
queen wrote:
the fruit you suggest sound similar in taste and consistency to plums.... so I'd think it would work fine.

do I get a slice to taste?

I'll let you know IY"H if it's good enough that you'd want to. Rolling Laughter

dash

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 12:54 pm
I would love to make this cake for Shabbos...does anyone have the recipe?

sky

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 1:19 pm
I made it a while ago. I think I did it with canned plums. It was pretty good. I'm guessing you could substitute peaches. Its a similar consistency but a different taste.

dash

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 2:13 pm
I have about 12 plums in the fridge and would love to use them before they spoil. Anyone have the recipe?
Thanks!!!

kermit the frog

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 11:14 am
I did it with peaches and plums together (didnt have enough of each) it was really good! no leftovers!
recipe - from kosher by design entertains
10 TBSP margarine, at room temp for 15 min
2/3 c sugar
4 large egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 - 15 oz can purple plums, drained well, or 10 fresh purple plums halved, discard pits

crumbs
8 TB margarine
2/3 c brown sugar
1 c flour
confectioners sugar (to sprinkle on top)

heat oven to 350. spray (pam) a 10-inch springform or other round pan. (sprinkle with flour) if not using a springform, cut out a circle of baking paper and line the bottom w/ it.
in a mixer at medium-high speed, beat the margarine and sugar till fluffy and light. add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition. add vanilla, beat till smooth.
mix together flour and baking powder. stir into batter, beat to just combine. spread batter evenly in pan. starting from the center, arrange the plums in concentric circles, cut side down on the batter, packed closely together.
make the crumbs. mix (in mixer) margarine + sugar. add flour and use your fingers to create coarse crumbs.sprinkle evenly over cake to cover plums and batter.
bake 45 min until center is firm and crumbs are a deep golden color. cool in pan.
remove cake from pan, dust with powdered sugar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins