Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Lets give pesach recipes!!

Mommy007

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 1:05 pm
Hi everyone!

Over shabbos I was trying to think of what to make for yom tov this year. It is the first year my parents are staying home so we are all pitching in with the cooking. The problem is, I have absolutly no idea what to make!! I thought to myself, what better place to find recipes than here :-)

I was hoping maybe everyone can post one or two kosher l'pesach recipes.

Thanks so much!

jem

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 7:41 pm
matzo brei

Mommy007

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 8:26 pm
I see this idea didnt go over too well!!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 8:49 pm
I have some recipes saved on my work computer, and I will be"h post them tomorrow.
Btw, what products do you use or do you not use? Do you have any specifications for the recipes? What limitations do you have (non-gebrokts, no store bought products...?)

In the meantime from Susie Fishbein's Passover by Design...

Unbelievable Brownies
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil 1/2 salt
3/4 cocoa powder (Dutch process)
1 cup potato starch
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven at 350. Grease a 11 x 7 inch brownie pan. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until smooth. Add the oil and salt. Mix. Sprinkle in the cocoa powder and mix to make the batter chocolaty. Add the potato starch and mix to combine. Scrape down the sides with a spatula. Stir in the chocolate chips if using.
Pour unto prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.

"Teriyaki" Chicken
(make double of this immitation teriyaki sauce, as you will prob want to use for other dishes. sauce can be made in advance for easier chicken recipe)
2 chickens, with bone and skin, cut into eighths
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp chicken consomme' powder
2 Tbsp olive oil
Teriyaki Sauce:
8 tsp beef consomme powder
2 cups cola, not diet
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves fresh minced garlic
1 (1.5 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp potato starch, dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp cooking sherry
! Tbsp chopped fresh chives or scallions, for garnish
Preheat oven at 350.
Place the chicken in a single layer in a large roasting pan. In a small bowl mix the salt, pepper, and chicken consomme powder. Season both sides of each part with this mixture.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces, skin side down, and sear until the skin is golden. Do this in batches if necessary. Return the chicken to the pan, skin-side-up. When all the chicken is seared, place into the oven and, and bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Drain the liquid.
Meanwhile, prepare the teriyaki sauce: In a medium pot, dissolve the beef consomme powder in the cola. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. In a medium pan, heat the vegetable oil. Saute the garlic and ginger for 1 minute, until cooked through and starting to become golden. Add it to the cola. Add the sugar and honey. Whisk as it simmers for 1 minute. Whisk in the dissolved potato starch and simmer for 30 seconds to 1 minute until thickened. Add the sherry. Remove from heat.
Glaze the chicken with the teriyaki, turn the pieces skin-side-down and return to oven, uncovered for 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Transfer to platter, arranging the pieces skin-side-up. Brush with teriyaki from the pan and serve extra sauce on the side. Garnish with chives or scallions.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 12:18 pm
I have tons of recipes -- let us know what you're looking for and if you use processed ingredients, etc. and I'll be happy to share them.

It might though be a better idea to put this thread into the Shabbos Yom Tov section of the Recipe Collection area -- I think more people will be likely to get involved in it there.

Mommy007

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 1:50 pm
Thanks... I guess I will repost it there :-)

I need non gbragtz (spelling?!) foods. My family actually eats it but my hubby doesn't.
Thanks so much.

fantabulous

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 1:58 pm
There's actually a whole section in the Recipe Collection forum JUST for pesach recipes. Smile

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....f=143

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 2:30 pm
fantabulous wrote:
There's actually a whole section in the Recipe Collection forum JUST for pesach recipes. Smile

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....f=143

OP -- once you've looked at this thread let us know if you need other recipes.

Mommy007

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 9:37 pm
k great thanks for your help!

jem

Post Fri, Feb 27 2009, 5:31 am
wow !the chicken recipe looks amazing.I would like to try that.
thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen