Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken came out too tough!

RedTwizzler

Post Tue, Mar 03 2009, 1:06 am
I cooked chicken like I always do at 350 for 1.5 hours and it came out different. It had the texture of turkey, a bit chewy/tough and not soft and juicy. Should I cover it instead? Can chicken turn out different based on which store I bought it from? That's the only thing that I may have done differently. Thanks for the help- I really don't want it to turn out like this again...

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 03 2009, 1:11 am
was it frozen ??

RedTwizzler

Post Tue, Mar 03 2009, 1:31 am
It was frozen the night before but it was defrosted before putting in the oven to bake.

Mrs.K

Post Tue, Mar 03 2009, 2:39 am
I've had different tasting chickens from different stores. There's one chicken store in the area that I definitely keep away from because it just doesn't taste as good as the other store. Who knows? Maybe they just aren't as fresh?

As far as frozen, I dunno, sometimes dinner will totally slip my mind and I'll end up pulling a chicken out of the freezer at the last minute and putting it in the oven and it has never effected the taste or consistency, IMO.

Aidelmom

Post Tue, Mar 03 2009, 4:08 am
The bigger the quarters the tougher it is (in general)
Try to get smaller quarters.
Mrs k. I find there is a huge difference between 2 types of chicken - not because of the store its the brand one is saltier than the other

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 1:01 am
Funny, I bought chicken pulkes one week, they were huge, they looked more like small turkey legs, but the were labeled chicken. I had the same problem, basically no one ate them.

I remember when I was tying to skin them, that the skin was tough like turkey, and would not come off. I'm fairly certain rubashkin mislabeled a batch of turkey as chicken.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey