Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Recommendation for an Allergy dr in NY

bnm

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 6:11 am
I have Health Plus but might switch in the next few months so you can recommend doctors who don't accept it also.

Taliaville

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 8:09 am
Dr Sigmund Friedman is amazing- although his secretary can be rude. When I was having an allergic reaction while in labor, she deemed it not important enough to inturupt him during apointments. But he is an amazing dr, located in boro park. He also tests for IGG allergies, which are allergies that upset your stomach....most doctors refuse to test for them, saying they arent real, but he has been a dr for a long time and says different things work for different people, including diet changes.

allgood

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 9:35 pm
Don't know if you're still looking but I would really recommend Dr. Klein. He's in Flatbush and is really great. He does a great job too answering any questions. If you want me to check up his info just pm me.

bnm

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 11:09 pm
yup, I didnt' go yet or make an appointment. I think my PC also recommended Dr. Klein.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 12:27 am
How about Dr. Ehrlich? did u try him already?

cberman

Post Tue, Mar 10 2009, 1:01 am
If it's a food allergy issue and it may be complex I would say go to Mt. Sinai Hospital in the City. They have the Jaffa Food Allergy Institute there. They are really tops. Our almost eight year old was allergic to everything as a baby. Milk soy eggs peanuts treenuts seeds peas beans melon wheat barley fish. We actually tried Dr. Ehrich in the City and he wasn't able to help us. He is supposed to be really good though. Kids tend to have food allergies while adults have a lot of enviornmental and seasonal allergies. Having said that, if you are starting new with an allergist it would be in your best interest to use someone who deals primarily with kids since you want someone who specializes in food allergies versus an adult allergist who sees both food and envionrmental, if that makes any sense. Boruch Hashem our experience at Mt. Sinai has been positive. There are also studies that they do that your child may be able to take part of for free, Dr. Hugh Sampson is the expert but very expensive and impossible to get in to see. Dr. Scott Shicherer is part of the group and has authored many books on food allergies. We use Dr. Anna Nowak in the group. She is quite knowledegable. THere are some others in the practice; Dr. Wayne Schreffler and a bunch of new ones. See if you can get into any of the older ones that I listed. Their number is 212-241-5548. Hatzlacha

bnm

Post Tue, Mar 10 2009, 1:10 am
thanks. I have a referral to Dr. Klien, I'll check him out, if he pulls the no skin testing **** on me I'll head to Mount Sinia.

bnm

Post Tue, Mar 10 2009, 1:27 am
I'm a combo-having food, seasonal, and environmental allergies since I'm born. some of them confirmed, a lot of them not. I still get unexplained reactions every once in a while. I never went to a decent allergist, the 2 I did go to refused to do skin testing, they only did blood tests and NOTHING showed up positive there.

Does the Mount Sinai people also deal with Asthma?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics