Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Frum styles you hate
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Orange

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 10:34 pm
glamourmom wrote:
also, for all the amothers saying they hate nude tights on little girls, can you explain why? what do your 10 yr olds wear in the summer on Shabbos?

My oldest is 4, but I'd vote for white cotton. There's something strangely 'grown up' (in the negative sense of the word) about nude tights on little girls. Also I don't know how they manage to avoid making holes in them within 5 mins

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 10:45 pm
Delete

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Sat, May 02 2020, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 10:47 pm
glamourmom wrote:
it's odd to me that so many amothers "hate" frum clothes stores. I personally love their styles, not all but most, they range from fun to funky to classic and cute. If only the prices were more reasonable I'd do my full shopping for my kiddies and myself strictly in Jewish stores.

also, for all the amothers saying they hate nude tights on little girls, can you explain why? what do your 10 yr olds wear in the summer on Shabbos?

Depending on the outfit, but possibly silver sparkly or gray.

My DD prefers nude, so that's what she wears otherwise. I got used to the idea, so I don't mind too much.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 3:45 am
When you say nude tights do you mean tights (opaque) or stockings (sheer)?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:11 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Jeggings are leggings made to look like skin tight denim jeans.

I think what you’re looking for is slim fit joggers.

No I mean jeggings, I don't like the athletic wear look so not joggers, here's an example.
https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse.....ntent

I like that they're fitted, soft and comfy but have a proper top so they don't have that look of wearing leggings that show too much.

dancingqueen

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:28 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
No I mean jeggings, I don't like the athletic wear look so not joggers, here's an example.

I like that they're fitted, soft and comfy but have a proper top so they don't have that look of wearing leggings that show too much.

Those are skinny jeans. Here are some joggers I don’t think they look “athletic”. And they are meant for boys.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:43 am
I have read thru 6 pages and I guess I'm the odd ball! I davka look for last year's styles more than this year. I don't want to wear the same thing like everyone else. I don't mind wearing last year style or other styles from previous years and once I find a style I like I will usually stick with it.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:49 am
glamourmom wrote:
it's odd to me that so many amothers "hate" frum clothes stores. I personally love their styles, not all but most, they range from fun to funky to classic and cute. If only the prices were more reasonable I'd do my full shopping for my kiddies and myself strictly in Jewish stores.

Short socks, no ruffles.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:32 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
When you say nude tights do you mean tights (opaque) or stockings (sheer)?

My 4 year old dd wears beige opaque tights. With seams.
Only zionists and Tel Aviv queers wear anything else.
Twisted Evil

sky

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:36 am
glamourmom wrote:

. I have a 10 yr old girl and feel that she is too young for stockings. I believe in letting girls be little for as long as possible. They have their whole life to be grown up. She is wearing knee socks and very happy.
However, I still don’t want her to stick out so I bought her some pairs in case she is with other girls wearing.
But I really wish it wasn’t a thing. 10 is still so young. On Shabbos she is running and playing - not worrying about her stockings.

tryinghard

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:54 am
My daughter is 10 and has been campaigning for stockings. In the winter she wears tights but now... I finally gave in and let her wear my sheer knee highs this past Shabbos. She was thrilled, even if I was cringing... what I will NOT give in on is high heels. To me, it screams “Toddlers and Tiaras”.

My son is the most conservative dresser you can imagine. He prefers to dress like he’s 30. The “Wall Street Banker look” as someone called it. I have been begging him to branch out for years but he is who he is. Kiddichic had their sale and I tried so hard to get him to even consider something that’s not a plain white Shabbos shirt, but he said “if it has more than one color, no” and that included texture or pattern...

We all have our styles and that includes our children...

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 6:08 am
tryinghard wrote:
My daughter is 10 and has been campaigning for stockings. In the winter she wears tights but now... I finally gave in and let her wear my sheer knee highs this past Shabbos. She was thrilled, even if I was cringing... what I will NOT give in on is high heels. To me, it screams “Toddlers and Tiaras”.

My son is the most conservative dresser you can imagine. He prefers to dress like he’s 30. The “Wall Street Banker look” as someone called it. I have been begging him to branch out for years but he is who he is. Kiddichic had their sale and I tried so hard to get him to even consider something that’s not a plain white Shabbos shirt, but he said “if it has more than one color, no” and that included texture or pattern...

We all have our styles and that includes our children...

Yes!
It took me many years to learn this. But it was the most beautiful switch in my parenting style

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 6:30 am
my daughter's friend (4th grade) said that stocking knee highs are comfier for her then socks in the summer because they are thinner...

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 6:51 am
My 9yo DD will not wear knee socks. She wears navy microfiber tights to school every day. On shabbos in the summer, she wears light gray/silver tights with silver shabbos shoes.
She has been begging for nude but I hate the look on little girls.

SuperWify

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:01 am
I agree that nude stockings on 10 year old is ridiculous.
I really dislike snoods with Pom poms on them.
Israeli style high mitpachot are another dislike.

To defend boys in leggings- they are cheap, comfortable, practical for diaper changing and toilet training, easy, wash well, look cute and stay up! My son is phasing out of leggings soon and I’m dreading it. No pants stay up over his tiny belly and most pants look to wide for his skinny legs. I hate baggy pants.

glamourmom

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:13 am
in my community ten yr old girls (and younger) don't wear socks with short dresses so that's not an option. cotton tights just doesn't cut it when you're wearing a pretty dress, IMO.
for those saying nude/sheer stockings are too mature for little girls, they look just like the leg, so ankle socks are "approved" but stockings that look like the leg are too mature??

oh and to dig myself in deeper I love skinny pants and leggings, even on boys. I just make sure the crotch area is covered by the top they are wearing.

Punch LOL

dancingqueen

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:31 am
glamourmom wrote:
in my community ten yr old girls (and younger) don't wear socks with short dresses so that's not an option. cotton tights just doesn't cut it when you're wearing a pretty dress, IMO.
for those saying nude/sheer stockings are too mature for little girls, they look just like the leg, so ankle socks are "approved" but stockings that look like the leg are too mature??

Of course socks is more child-like style. Most grown women don’t wear socks with a dressy outfit.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:35 am
Princess Charlotte wears cotton tights with her dresses.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 9:46 am
My son is really really short and skinny and looks ridiculous in pants, and as someone mentioned, the skinny pants/jeans are problematic when it comes to toileting. My solution is to size up on the leggings. Right now he's wearing leggings 2 sizes up so they're not skin tight and there's even extra space in the diaper area.

glamourmom

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 7:30 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Of course socks is more child-like style. Most grown women don’t wear socks with a dressy outfit.

but what if your child can't wear socks because of tznius beliefs? what would she wear? cotton colored tights w a pretty dress? black? white?
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics