Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood school info
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 6:59 pm
amother Plum wrote:
Monsey has this issue check the threads. The other places don’t have as much growth and kids per family like Lakewood and monsey do. But they are all great places to live, maybe more should move to those places.

And yes this. I have heimish family in Monsey that had a miserable time getting into schools. It’s even worse there for heimish parents. I’m general this in between type is harder.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:32 pm
Guess what , I have great news for you if you are ready to donate 50k today to nachlas then they will grab you. Lol.

My sibling sends to nachlas, he does wear a shtreimel, and someone did pay/donate generously to the school in their name , thats how they got in..

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:33 pm
I second this. I know a group of siblings that send to Nachlas. Light heimish /shtreimel wearing.

henny1234

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:37 pm
I

Last edited by henny1234 on Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:39 pm
It takes only 50k to get into elementary school?
I thought at least 100

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:43 pm
henny1234 wrote:
I also heard that they wouldn’t take for 10,00? Right lol

You seem to be relying on a lot of hearsay

I know the Robinsons personally and you have a huge misconception of who they are

People like you kvetch that there are no schools or slots available, and then when someone goes and opens one, you go out of your way to degrade them. No one wants to be in the position of everyone talking badly about them based on what they heard (ie no factual information with both sides of the story) so you are indirectly causing others to not want to open a school

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:44 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Often, it's who you know.
I know a lot of people in Nachalas.
Because my husband went to yeshiva years ago with R Robinson. So many of the men from their general chevra got in because they person know R Robinson.
It happens also that these are mostly typical yeshivish OOT people because that's the chevra.
Yes, some heimishe people get in.
But there really is no room

Bais Tova- let's say, the owner is heimishe. So we don't really know people who know him personally, so we couldn't get in.

I don't know. Why are more heimishe people not opening new schools in Lakewood?

million dollar question?!!
This is a MUST!!!!!

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:47 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
million dollar question?!!
This is a MUST!!!!!

I heard there are askanim working on opening such a school. But then ppl won’t want to send to a brand new school so….

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:51 pm
Everyone I know is in nachlas got in without giving a penny. It’s not how you get in.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:53 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
I heard there are askanim working on opening such a school. But then ppl won’t want to send to a brand new school so….

A new school announced it is opening chinuch bas yisroel, also a relatively new one shiras ruchama has room but no one wants to send to these new schools. So how are we ever going to solve this crisis of no room?

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:54 pm
GLUE wrote:
Why would you want to go there if they don't want you. I am not talking about a space issue that schools have, I am talking about a type issue.

because they don't want to homeschool
where should they go???

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:55 pm
henny1234 wrote:
I also heard that they wouldn’t take for 10,00? Right lol

Honestly wouldn’t want parents that talk like this in a school. Why the attitude?

And I’m saying this as someone who married Heimish and had a very hard time getting my daughter into a school in monsey. She’s still not accepted and I held her back a year but you will not hear me talking this way about people who run schools. Every system has its issues but no one wants attitude and entitlement.

Some things we did that we hope will work- we applied to the newer schools (we got “lucky” and they rejected us so the more established schools couldn’t send us back there).

My husband started davening maariv in a shul with “machers” connected to the schools. Formed some relationships (they know he came for help but he’s also formed some nice two way friendships). We prioritize giving tzeddaka in the community in small ways, always did- so the people we have longstanding relationships, like my husbands old Maggid shiur etc. call on our behalf.

Still not simple but no one owes us and I’m confident that by the time pre1a starts my kid will be in a school iyh.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:55 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
because they don't want to homeschool
where should they go???

All the suggestions were turned down so…

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:56 pm
Maybe ur daughter has a deadline bday so u could hold her back but not All kids could just be held back

Last edited by amother on Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:59 pm
I’m just saying his wife can be on here, not so many people got interviews so they can probably figure out who you are. Speaking in this manner might have just ruined your chances. Doesn’t make sense to be attacking schools you are trying to convince to take you.

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:00 pm
From the way you’re bashing the school it doesn’t sound like a good school for you. And I’m saying this as someone who had to beg to get into a school. No one is out to get you, there are not enough slots. And the way the world works, money talks. So with a limited amount of slots, they are very strategic with who they take. Not saying it’s good, it’s just lakewood living without enough schools

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:01 pm
Rabbi Robinson told us straight up at the interview a few years back that if we give 25k then we can talk. How is there suddenly room for 25k?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:01 pm
Nobody attacked any school just saying! I think u guys just can’t realize that kids don’t get into school. Maybe Hashem Brent he’s u all and all ur kids got in right away

Last edited by amother on Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:02 pm
henny1234 wrote:
Nobody attacked any school just saying! I think u guys just can’t realize that kids don’t get into school. Maybe Hashem Brent he’s u all and all ur kids got in right away

Literally wrote in my post that’s not the case. We did not get in right away

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:02 pm
We all said we had a difficult time so not sure what you are talking about.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries