Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking to move to Monsey
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:40 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
Mariner& the Monastery is Monsey zoning. It's different zoning laws. Kiryas Radin development is closer to Wesley than Brick Church is. So far there are no multi families is Wesley proper.

True bh for that! But as more frum people move into Wesley the zoning laws will change within five years. It was originally very antisemitic but it’s now more frum people in village hall.
But the building by mariner would majorly impact Wesley and getting from Pomona/ Wesley to main monsey will be hard.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 2:55 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Just repeating what you all sound like.

Navyblue is just very insightful and deep.
People do not realize that as the Jewish community grows boruch hashem, every area that is in demand will become a Metropolitan area.
Monsey and Lakewood are going through the same change Brooklyn did when it turned from
country living into a city years ago.
(and probably 95% of Monsey people have a Brooklyn ancestor) no matter how long they live in Monsey.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 3:12 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
I love Monsey! Been here for almost 2 decades. But I Hate what it has become - multi family all over. People don’t clean up trash’s. Main monsey is an embarrassment. And the “outskirts” in Wesley Hills and Pomona…multi family is starting. it’s starting. PLEASE - stay in Brooklyn. Don’t move.

What in the world?! What gives you the right to tell not to come?! Do you own the place? Why are you more entitled to live there than anyone else?? Why should people suffer in tiny apartments in the gross city just so YOU can have a better lifestyle?

If you're not happy with all the people moving, then YOU can pick yourself up and move somewhere else

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 3:26 pm
The problem isn’t people coming from Brooklyn.
The problem is the multi family units and what it’s causing!

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 3:31 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
The problem isn’t people coming from Brooklyn.
The problem is the multi family units and what it’s causing!

The developers who want to make money and don't care about the quality of life for the people living there. As long as they can build themselves mansions somewhere else. Or own 3 homes.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 3:44 pm
amother Silver wrote:
The developers who want to make money and don't care about the quality of life for the people living there. As long as they can build themselves mansions somewhere else. Or own 3 homes.

Many of said developers are originally from Brooklyn or still currently live in Brooklyn, or don't even live in Monsey.....

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:16 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Many of said developers are originally from Brooklyn or still currently live in Brooklyn, or don't even live in Monsey.....

Really? Can I ask how you have this information? Do you have a source for that statistic? Can you provide it?
The hatred, vitriol, and a contempt towards Brooklyn on this site is mind boggling. Somehow, someway they are to blame for very single problem.

Maybe we should just destroy the whole Brooklyn and get rid of those evil, evil people. everyone would be better off without them, right?

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:18 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:

Baloney !!

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:23 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
Really? Can I ask how you have this information? Do you have a source for that statistic? Can you provide it?
The hatred, vitriol, and a contempt towards Brooklyn on this site is mind boggling. Somehow, someway they are to blame for very single problem.

Maybe we should just destroy the whole Brooklyn and get rid of those evil, evil people. everyone would be better off without them, right?

I personally know developers/builders that don't even live in Monsey or are originally from Brooklyn. This doesn't mean all of them are, but many are.
I don't hate or wish to destroy the whole Brooklyn....
I'm just giving true information. Everyone is welcome to move, but it has to be with an open mind & know that the Monsey of today, is more to compare to Brooklyn than the Monsey of yesteryear.
Many people move with certain expectations and then end up being very disappointed and hate it.
Giving true information, doesn't mean hate and vitriol, even if you don't like the information you're hearing.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:26 pm
Many people that live in monsey now or grew up there moved from brooklyn in the 1980s. Then there was also a movement to move out from Brooklyn. My sisters neighbor in monsey was my classmate in the 80s. And many more. So moving from Brooklyn to monsey is NOT a new thing

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:27 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
I personally know developers/builders that don't even live in Monsey or are originally from Brooklyn. This doesn't mean all of them are, but many are.
I don't hate or wish to destroy the whole Brooklyn....
I'm just giving true information. Everyone is welcome to move, but it has to be with an open mind & know that the Monsey of today, is more to compare to Brooklyn than the Monsey of yesteryear.
Many people move with certain expectations and then end up being very disappointed and hate it.
Giving true information, doesn't mean hate and vitriol, even if you don't like the information you're hearing.

How many do you know? 5? 15? Just because you know some does not mean that "many are."
And there are literally people on this thread telling Brooklyn people "don't move." That's not giving true information. True information means listing the pros and cons.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:29 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
How many do you know? 5? 15? Just because you know some does not mean that "many are."
And there are literally people on this thread telling Brooklyn people "don't move." That's not giving true information. True information means listing the pros and cons.
oh, I'm not telling anyone not to move. I couldn't care less, let all of Brooklyn move. But to save themselves disappointment, it's good to hear all the info.

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 7:13 pm
What does Brooklyn have to do with the developers? The point is that the developers are horrible, corrupt people (sorry, I said it) who think that they can make money on everyone else's backs, pay off the rabbanim, askanim and schools so they can tell us who to vote for, and do whatever they want with the zoning laws. Nobody likes them, not the non Jews and unfortunately, due to their actions, not their fellow Jews either. Taavah and greed take a person out of this world. And it makes no difference where they live. It's their behavior, not their place of residence, that is ruining Monsey. For all we know they have a house each in Brooklyn, Monsey, Florida and EY.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 7:38 pm
As a side note op is quiet throughout.. I’m wondering if she got scared off Confused

gr82no

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 8:17 pm
amother Azure wrote:
As a side note op is quiet throughout.. I’m wondering if she got scared off Confused

Nobody really answered her question which was about taxes

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:39 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Did you read the mevaser?
They are planning on making housing for 136 families right next to mariner. I hope it doesn’t get approved

Mariner is Monsey/Ramapo, it’s not Wesley/Pomona.

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 10:15 pm
straightalk wrote:
I'm looking to move from Brooklyn to Monsey and I'm really wondering how anyone affords the high taxes? Any tips or tricks? It just seems like a LOT

To answer your question OP, I recently bought a house in Airmont. I looked at the total cost per month, the mortgage including taxes. When considering a house, calculate the monthly payments and see if you can afford that amount monthly. That’s what matters most.
As a side note I’d suggest speaking to people irl who actually moved to the area you’re looking into. I’m not sure why there’s so much negative information about Monsey on the thread. In real life, most people I know like it here. The people who are outgoing and can’t part with all the action in Brooklyn, like the main monsey area. There are quieter areas near main monsey for those who like quiet but want to be close to town. And those who love grass and birds love areas like Airmont, montibello, Pomona.
I get there are cons to living here but definitely not as bad as some posters make it seem imho.
Issues like getting into schools, arranging school transportation is best to resolve before moving.

ShishKabob

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 10:33 pm
amother Heather wrote:
What does Brooklyn have to do with the developers? The point is that the developers are horrible, corrupt people (sorry, I said it) who think that they can make money on everyone else's backs, pay off the rabbanim, askanim and schools so they can tell us who to vote for, and do whatever they want with the zoning laws. Nobody likes them, not the non Jews and unfortunately, due to their actions, not their fellow Jews either. Taavah and greed take a person out of this world. And it makes no difference where they live. It's their behavior, not their place of residence, that is ruining Monsey. For all we know they have a house each in Brooklyn, Monsey, Florida and EY.
This is a real old story going back many years and it’s very unfortunate.

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 11:29 pm
amother Heather wrote:

Woah!!!! You are so full of hate. As a family member of a former devloper I will say that the devlopers I know have never ever done anything corrupt or illegal ever. They have had a lot of people hate on them, but they did nothing unlawful. They even built one of the quieter areas mentioned in this post.

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 11:31 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
This is a real old story going back many years and it’s very unfortunate.

What story is she talking about?
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating