Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking to move to Monsey
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

straightalk

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 10:39 am
I'm looking to move from Brooklyn to Monsey and I'm really wondering how anyone affords the high taxes? Any tips or tricks? It just seems like a LOT

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 10:55 am
Why do you want to move to Monsey? It's so overcrowded, traffic is terrible, houses & taxes are a fortune, it's impossible to get in to school.

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:06 am
And it's so isolating compared to Brooklyn

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:25 am
Welcome to monsey the town turned into city! There are some very nice areas.
No idea how people afford it because I rent:)
It seems to me that food is cheaper here- not takeout though

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:25 am
Don’t know what’s this negativity about. Monsey is a great place to move if you wanna move away from city to buy a more affordable house but your not so much ready for countrylife.
I actually moved few months ago from Brooklyn I live a drop on the ourskirts, no traffic in my area, my kids got into school right away ( maybe that’s because I belong to a mosed) and overall I totally love living here. Im not regretting it for a minute

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:27 am
Regarding taxes it makes a difference which area even which street you are.

amother
Apple

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:29 am
Brooklyn = Gettho life.
Monsey / Pomona/ Chestnut ridge / Airmont etc..offers nature in most areas and much higher quality of life.
100rd's of Brooklyn family's fled from Brooklyn to Monsey.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:48 am
It is a lot. And with the high housing prices it’s really not affordable unless you are not picky about neighborhood and find a cheap place in a lower tax zone (not gonna be a big property)

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:53 am
amother Apple wrote:
Brooklyn = Gettho life.
Monsey / Pomona/ Chestnut ridge / Airmont etc..offers nature in most areas and much higher quality of life.
100rd's of Brooklyn family's fled from Brooklyn to Monsey.
the traffic is worse than 13th Ave sometimes. It’s really not much of a difference in quality of life anymore . But if one wants it move here kol Hakavod.
When we purchased our home we calculated the taxes and consider it our “mortgage” payment even though half of it is really taxes. If we couldn’t afford the monthly payments we would not have been able to purchase a home.
I live in Chestnut Ridge where our property taxes is about $12 k for a high ranch. I’ve been looking at larger homes to move to and the taxes is much much higher . Which makes me think twice .

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:56 am
Why assume she’s coming from Brooklyn? Such a nasty attitude on this site telling people not to move. She asked about taxes not if she has your permission to move there sheesh.

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:58 am
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Why assume she’s coming from Brooklyn? Such a nasty attitude on this site telling people not to move. She asked about taxes not if she has your permission to move there sheesh.
OP says so in her post.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 12:02 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:

OP said she's coming from Brooklyn LOL
Giving true information, isn't nasty attitude.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 12:02 pm
amother Azure wrote:
Don’t know what’s this negativity about. Monsey is a great place to move if you wanna move away from city to buy a more affordable house but your not so much ready for countrylife.
I actually moved few months ago from Brooklyn I live a drop on the ourskirts, no traffic in my area, my kids got into school right away ( maybe that’s because I belong to a mosed) and overall I totally love living here. Im not regretting it for a minute

Monsey is not more affordable than Brooklyn anymore.
Housing prices & mortgage rates are insane right now. Crazy traffic doesn't mean that it's in every area. But to get to where you need to & to shopping areas, may take a very long time because the traffic is absolutely crazy. It used to take me 5 minutes to get to Main Street from my house, it takes a good 15 minutes the past few years. The childrens bus routes also take extremely long because of the traffic. At rush hour & busy times, the traffic is truly horrendous.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 12:12 pm
I moved to Monsey outskirts few years ago. You can't compare the quality of life to Brooklyn. Regarding the taxes it really depends on the area.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 2:23 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Monsey is not affordable than Brooklyn anymore.
Housing prices & mortgage rates are insane right now. Crazy traffic doesn't mean that it's in every area. But to get to where you need to & to shopping areas, may take a very long time because the traffic is absolutely crazy. It used to take me 5 minutes to get to Main Street from my house, it takes a good 15 minutes the past few years. The childrens bus routes also take extremely long because of the traffic. At rush hour & busy times, the traffic is truly horrendous.

Have no issue with traffic on Main Street on daily basis im there almost every day. No way you can compare it to 13th ave. Maybe only Fridays I’m not sure I don’t usually go out then. And saying monsey is not more affordable than Brooklyn um not saying it’s cheap but in the area where I live you can but a beautiful 3000+ semi attached for 1.3 in boro park or williamsburg you get for that price a 4 bedroom in an apartment building

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 2:25 pm
amother Azure wrote:
Have no issue with traffic on Main Street on daily basis im there almost every day. No way you can compare it to 13th ave. Maybe only Fridays I’m not sure I don’t usually go out then. And saying monsey is not more affordable than Brooklyn um not saying it’s cheap but in the area where I live you can but a beautiful 3000+ semi attached for 1.3 in boro park or williamsburg you get for that price a 4 bedroom in an apartment building

Traffic on main street is horrendous every day during bus time going & coming from school. It's only empty basically in the early afternoon. Friday afternoon, before yom tov.... the entire area is at a stand still.

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 2:31 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Traffic on main street is horrendous every day during bus time going & coming from school. It's only empty basically in the early afternoon. Friday afternoon, before yom tov.... the entire area is at a stand still.

My siblings who live in the city who were visiting and needed to get from center Monsey to Chestnut Ridge said that they got rid of any thoughts of moving to Monsey after experiencing the insane traffic.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 2:33 pm
Aha ok I hear I guess it makes sense but it doesnt affect me bh. When I go out like 10:30 traffic is clear. And maybe the new grocery on the 59 in Airmont and the new mall by bingo will make a difference

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 2:37 pm
I pay 13K annual taxes form my Brooklyn (not luxury) condo.

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 2:45 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Why do you want to move to Monsey? It's so overcrowded, traffic is terrible, houses & taxes are a fortune, it's impossible to get in to school.

I live in monsey im an original monsey person I ask the same for anyone that moves!
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating