Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o"frummer"-an acceptance exercise-what does YOUR Rav hold?
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 7:28 pm
SuperWify wrote:
On shabbos morning we women can eat until we daven brachos. Once we start davening we need kiddush.

We don’t need to hear parshas zachor- certainly not on Shul- but I try to go anyway because it’s nice. This year DH read it to me from a chumash as home.

We do not hold a kallah needs to completely cover her hair until the couple was intimate. So during the wedding a veil worn is a partial head covering. I left the hall with a big headband that covered my top of my hair and the next morning was a regular shaitel...

How is it permissible to eat (and make a Bracha on the food) before saying birchos hatorah?

little neshamala

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 8:14 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
How is it permissible to eat (and make a Bracha on the food) before saying birchos hatorah?

Not amswering for superwify but I know ive heard women dont need to say brachos first-as long as theyve said a shevach, hodaah (and maybe also bakasha??). And that possibly modeh ani covers (some of) that?

Dont remember exactly but I do remember hearing that from a Rav in a shiur

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Feb 26 2018, 12:01 am
little neshamala wrote:
Not amswering for superwify but I know ive heard women dont need to say brachos first-as long as theyve said a shevach, hodaah (and maybe also bakasha??). And that possibly modeh ani covers (some of) that?

Dont remember exactly but I do remember hearing that from a Rav in a shiur

In the sefer Halichos Baisa it says in the name of Reb SZA ztl

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:59 pm
To add, because the other thread made me think of this -my Rav holds married siblings may hug, no problem. Obviously this means a regular quick hug.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 3:03 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

Women don’t have a chiuv to daven.

sushilover

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 5:51 pm
I love the idea of this thread!

- husband can't look at any part of my foot or leg during niddah days
- bc heter lasts 6 months only, and to be "renewed" you have to come in to the rav for an in depth discussion. (Annoying, but brilliant. Rav says he has caught so many sholom bayis and parnasah issues this way which couples wouldn'thave discussed with him otherwise. )
- husband can't leave go out of town without wife over a shabbos. (Wife can though LOL )
- can't touch pets on shabbos
- hair in front of head can't be shown at all. But hair on back of head, ( touching neck) and hair near ears is ok. If you're wearing a pony wig, sometimes it can lift up a bit at the back. That's OK.
- drinking coffee without milk or sweeteners is allowed on all fast days
- oh and he says I should shave. Not happening, lol.

giselle

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 7:38 pm
sushilover wrote:

What?

I’ve never ever heard this. Would love to hear more.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 7:50 pm
The coffee reminded me- my Rav, who holds that we really should not eat chalav stam, says that the coffee creamers that are OU-d but only have caseinate (a "milk derivative") are fine-and not only that, but they are not considered milchig and may be drunk right after meat (but not with).

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 8:07 pm
sushilover wrote:
I love the idea of this thread!

- husband can't look at any part of my foot or leg during niddah days
- bc heter lasts 6 months only, and to be "renewed" you have to come in to the rav for an in depth discussion. (Annoying, but brilliant. Rav says he has caught so many sholom bayis and parnasah issues this way which couples wouldn'thave discussed with him otherwise. )
- husband can't leave go out of town without wife over a shabbos. (Wife can though LOL )
- can't touch pets on shabbos
- hair in front of head can't be shown at all. But hair on back of head, ( touching neck) and hair near ears is ok. If you're wearing a pony wig, sometimes it can lift up a bit at the back. That's OK.
- oh and he says I should shave. Not happening, lol.

Including TB and YC ???

challahchallah

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 8:41 pm
giselle wrote:
What?

I don't hold by this myself, but I've heard before that it's ok if you would get a caffeine headache without the coffee (basically, the coffee in that case is treated as a medicine).

sushilover

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 8:49 pm
giselle wrote:
What?

Whoops, I forgot some important details, as it's been a while since I've actually done this. So sorry.

If you need to take a painkiller for a headache etc, you may take it with black coffee (or any other bad tasting drink), but only enough to get the pill down.

YK included

giselle

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 9:02 pm
little neshamala wrote:
The coffee reminded me- my Rav, who holds that we really should not eat chalav stam, says that the coffee creamers that are OU-d but only have caseinate (a "milk derivative") are fine-and not only that, but they are not considered milchig and may be drunk right after meat (but not with).

That’s pretty much a given aside from very right wingers

little neshamala

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 10:09 pm
giselle wrote:
That’s pretty much a given aside from very right wingers

Not necessarily. My friend's Rav was not ok with doing that (having it after meat) and he's not that right wing.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 10:23 pm
sushilover wrote:
Whoops, I forgot some important details, as it's been a while since I've actually done this. So sorry.

If you need to take a painkiller for a headache etc, you may take it with black coffee (or any other bad tasting drink), but only enough to get the pill down.

YK included

I would be surprised if there was no shiur specified for YK.

little neshamala

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 9:05 pm
And of course, because of the other thread about touching DH in public, im going to paste my post here...

Our Rav holds its fine to touch in public in a way that regular friends/acquaintances would touch. So tapping on shoulder and other non-affectionate touches are fine. We actually asked about slapping five and were told if that something we would do with our friends, then it is fine to do.
Hugging, arm around each other-not in public.

giselle

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 9:12 pm
little neshamala wrote:
Not necessarily. My friend's Rav was not ok with doing that (having it after meat) and he's not that right wing.

I’m surprised but I guess live and learn!

little neshamala

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 9:15 pm
giselle wrote:
I’m surprised but I guess live and learn!

Lol yup. Im learning a lot from this thread too. So many interesting things...

little neshamala

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:18 am
SO. Something I just found out....my Rav holds we cant use quinoa on pesach!! Aaarrrggh I was relying on it as a starchy staple instead of potatoes!! He says its a kitniyos issue. Oh well...I thought it was totally fine because OU certifies it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:04 pm
My Rav holds singing while nida is fine. Yeshivish. (He did first ask if its something I commonly do, which it is)

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:18 pm
little neshamala wrote:
SO. Something I just found out....my Rav holds we cant use quinoa on pesach!! Aaarrrggh I was relying on it as a starchy staple instead of potatoes!! He says its a kitniyos issue. Oh well...I thought it was totally fine because OU certifies it.

Originally the OU didn't have a position on it but they said they did research and held it wasn't an issue. I wonder if your rav knew all the research that they did and still held it was a problem
Page 8 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics