Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Professional pictures - how often?
Previous  1  2

Doublestroller

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 10:17 pm
I love pictures. I take once a year before purim, professional family and single pics of the kids. I did it the last 3 years at olen mills. Then I did once by picture me in walmart in the summertime. I wouldn't take more then once a year from the older ones because you need where to hang and store all these pictures.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 9:46 am
sky wrote:
[I'm feeling like such a bad mother. I haven't paid for pictures of my kids yet. Are they going to complain when they are older?]

So you'll tell them to pay for it themselves! lol

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 9:46 am
I once did Olan Mills but I didn't like how they put their logo in the corner of the picture (though the pictures themselves were really cute).

I love picture people, and I try to find deals with them to make it a bit less $$$.

There's a Walmart near me that takes nice picutres, but at this point I only like them for singles. For family pictures, their platform is really small so they tend to do the same poses, which gets boring.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 9:57 am
Don't any of you peple have cameras?

Ronit

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 1:20 pm
Chocolate moose & Rachel, most of the time it's really cheap if you don't buy a whole lot.

I always go with a coupon for a free something or a nice discount.

Last time I went, they only got one good shot (they kids where tired) of the kids together. I had a coupon for $10 off. It costed me $8 & I went home with one 10x13 enlargement that is now hanging in their room.

The time before they got great shots of the kids individually, together & as a family. I purchased 4 8x10 total (which was one good one of each). The 8x10 is a standard sheet at olan mills. Because of the special at the time, I paid 5 bucks a sheet. That totals $20.

I've paid more when I went with a newborn, but that was because I purchased enough to send all the grandparents + enlargements for ourselves.

I'd rather go often take a few pics in one outfit, then go once in three years & change the kids a million times....spend a few hours there. Then you are also loaded up with many good shots & it costs alot if you buy them all. My way works out much cheaper & better for me.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 2:40 pm
I find that it's expensive, especially for something I can do.
We also do enlargements. We also have better pics than some photographers.

mom4life

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 2:53 pm
I got to JCPenny and it costs about $8. I get one pose but a ton of pics come with it. Its not so expensive. And I go at least two three times a year.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers