Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births
Its a girl! born in 32nd week-baby in nicu
Previous  1  2  3  Next

momof2sofar

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 8:45 am
Mazal Tov. May she grow quickly so you can take her home ASAP. Feel good. Don't forget to take care of yourself too. May you have much nachas from her.

happybeingamom

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 8:50 am
Mazel Tov!

etky

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 8:59 am
chani8 wrote:
Shiffy, are you charedi or MO? That makes a difference in name suggestions.

(Hodaya is not a charedi name)

ETA - (actually, I think it is used by charedi sefardim, and everyone else in Israel)

Mazal Tov! Hodaya is lovely, so is Odelya.

Liba

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:09 am
Mazal tov!! I am not sure where you are located, but I have a preemie gemach and would love to help if I can.

How about Chaya Tova?

shiffycc

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:12 am
chani8 wrote:
Shiffy, are you charedi or MO? That makes a difference in name suggestions.

(Hodaya is not a charedi name)

ETA - (actually, I think it is used by charedi sefardim, and everyone else in Israel)

Yes im charedi, so I wouldn't go with something like hodaya(though I loved all my litlle sefardi neighbors named hodaya!)

mazeltov

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:16 am
Mazel Tov!

My sister gave birth via c-section in the 28th week to 4 babies that were each less than 3 pounds, close to two pounds each. BH the girl is already bas mitzvah and the boys are having a triple bar mitzvah in a few weeks.

I have one child. He was born via c-section and was in the nicu after birth and I didn't get to see him until 24 hours after birth. He's 3 years old now and recently had his upsherin.

A c-section is hard and having a baby in nicu is hard, but there's nachas to reap as the child grows iy"H.

May you have much nachas and refuah sheleimah, take care of yourself and your baby.

A c-section recovery is difficult but it does get better. Iy"H the baby will be out of the NICU and you will be able to bond. Also when you are able to get out of bed, within a day or two, someone could take you in a wheelchair to visit your baby in the NICU and you could probably touch and hold the baby- ask the nurse there to help with the tubes etc.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:43 am
Mazel Tov.

reed

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 10:03 am
Mazel Tov!!! Wishing you lots of nachas, in good health!!!

My 31 weeker is now 7! I can imagine the shock you must be going trough if you had no indication of trouble, and now everything seems so out of place. I had been laid up, and knew they wouldn't let me go past 36 weeks, but I wasn't either prepared for an emergency C-secion @ 31 weeks! The important thing for you right now is to focus on taking care of yourself. As important as it is to visit her in the nicu, it's extremely draining. I allowed others to take turns visiting my baby in the nicu so I could focus on recovery, (which had been made more difficult my several months of bedrest) only going for one feeding a day most days. Don't feel guilty about pampering yourself. She'll be yours till 120! and you'll need lots of strength to take care of her, especially if you have others at home too.

If I can be of any further assistance to you, feel free to pm me.

Skippy!!

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 10:05 am
Mazel tov!

devo1982

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 10:39 am
Mazal tov! May you have a quick R"S from your c-section and get the chizuk you need to help you through this trying time, and may your beautiful little daughter eat, grow, get strong, and come home with you soon, I"YH, and give you tons of nachas throughout her life.

rae gi

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 10:49 am
Mazel Tov! Feel well. Love from all of us to your precious baby girl.

dats me

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 11:07 am
Mazal tov! Regarding the names, there are some nice choices from the currrent parshios if you want to go that route, like yocheved, shifra, miriam, tziporah off the top of my head. Lots of nachas!

B"H YOM YOM

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 12:03 pm
Forgot to add in my previous post: make sure YOU heal properly. I was not as wise and pushed myself very quickly. Discharged myself after 36 hours-couldn't take not being with them all the time etc and 'thought' I was ok. Well, that was a huge mistake and I had many complications as a result. You will IY"H spend the next 120 plus with her so please make sure you can do that healthily! And again, feel free to pm me with any preemie related questions. Mazal Tov :)

tikvuchka

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 12:14 pm
we named our baby chava nechama. it is weird to have a baby in the building I culdnt see mine for a day or two, I just kept thinking that they are giving her the best care and this is what is best for her.

DO NOT LET THEM DO ANYTHING without telling you first.

shiffycc

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 12:22 pm
Ladies, your kind words mean the world to me.

lili

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 1:43 pm
First of all, Mazal Tov to you, wishing you lots of Koach and only the best for your precious daughter.

some names, Simcha, Ahuva, Rina, Chaya, Brachah,

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 2:57 pm
Hi! I had a baby at 33 weeks weighing 3 pounds 11 ounces. You can definitely go down and see your baby in the NICU - just have someone take you in a wheelchair.

Keep strong, having a preemie isnt easy and you will get baby blues big time around the 3rd day, missing the baby and feeling vulnerable. It will pass, esp once you start pumping & Feeding & Feeling like youre doing *something*.

browser

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 6:25 pm
mazel tov!
how abut Tehila

red_velvet

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 6:29 pm
Mazel tov! I was a preemie, born at 29 weeks and under 3 lbs. I'm in my 20's now and perfectly healthy B'h Wink I also weigh a bit more now! Very Happy . May your daughter grow quick so you can take her home soon.

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 8:16 pm
mazal tov! May she grow and be with you very soon. I hope you have a speedy recovery from the csection, like others have said please take it easy and don't rush into things, it is a major surgery and you need to heal properly from it. All your feelings sound completely normal! Feel good and rest up. I hope you are able to bond with your new baby very soon!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births