Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births
Its a girl! born in 32nd week-baby in nicu
1  2  3  Next

shiffycc

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 9:54 pm
Hi! I just gave birth to a baby girl via emergency C section. She is 3lbs 9oz.
I only saw her for a second but they report from the nicu that she's doing well. I was 31+3 weeks

Last edited by shiffycc on Mon, Jan 07 2013, 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

gp2.0

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 10:06 pm
Wow! Mazel tov! BH for the good news and may you continue to have only good news. Smile

IMHopinion

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 10:15 pm
Wow! Wow! Mazel tov!
I'm so glad to hear you're both ok!

sneakermom

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 10:16 pm
Mazel Tov! Cheers

May Hashem make your precious little girl very hungry so that she eats and grows and comes out of the nicu really quick!

Let us know how things are going. And maybe switch the title of your post to just gave birth in the the thirty second week baby three pounds, nine ounces in nicu etc. You will get feedback from fellow imamother who have been through this and they will give you chizzuk.

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 11:01 pm
Mazal tov!

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 11:05 pm
Mazel Tov!

yksraya

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 11:05 pm
Mazel Tov! All the best! Loads of nachas!

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 11:06 pm
mazel tov!!! Only nachas!

B"H YOM YOM

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 11:07 pm
Mazal Tov! How are YOU feeling? B"H your little girl is doing ok and pulling along. Please keep us posted on her progress. Had same with twins (32 wk, emergency C) and they are BA"H doing amazing. As soon as you are up to it you will spend a lot of quality time with her in the NICU. IY"H she should eat and gain quickly and be out asap. Feel free to pm me with any preemie related questions. Much nachas always...

imasinger

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 11:13 pm
Mazel tov and refuah shleima to all.

tikvuchka

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 11:25 pm
hey I had the same thign with my daughter born at 30 weeks at 3.2, if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me...which hosp?

3 pounds is a VERY good situation for a premie. I also have a TON of girl premie clothing if u need.

enneamom

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 12:55 am
Mazel tov! Much nachas and good health always!

chani8

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 1:18 am
Mazal tov!!! I had two 32 weekers, one was about the same weight as your baby, and the other was smaller. They are 16 yo now!

BE"H, everything will be fine. Get to her as soon as you can, touch her if they let you, and just give her all the love you can, and encourage her to be strong and grow.

Only good news, BE'H!

Isramom8

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 1:23 am
Mazel tov! Hope she grows stronger every day!
Music Flower Happy Birthday

shiffycc

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 2:22 am
Thank you all for your kind words. She was born less than 12 hours ago, and I am feeling very strange. Of course she's in the nicu and not in my room now. I feel very disconnected. Obviously things happened very quickly(dh almost didn't make it!) And although I saw her for a minute it feels so strange that im not with her. Like, I have a kid in this building that I haven't met yet! Of course, I thought I had another 2 months so we haven't looked into names yet so it all feels very disjointed. Im sure that you can add some hormones into the mix as well as the odd feelings from the drugs...and everything just feels...ummmm...off.
I am in shock that I had a baby, I am in shock that I had a c section(I have been terrified of them my wh.ole life) and I am in shock that I have a preemie. Also, dh is REALLY sick with the flu/a cold so I sent him home and we really needed to have some one put the kids to bed. There fore I am all alone. Im super happy with the nurses, but I am still missing my kids, my husband and this baby/stranger. The nurse just gave me another percoset and im starting to get that sleepy/hazy feeling.
I know some have btdt, so ill take your chizuk and aitzas.
Sad

zissy2004

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 2:34 am
Mazel tov!! I had the same thing at 31 weeks and my son is now a strapping 10 yr old Smile iyh she will grow to be strong! It is very normal to have these feelings, don't worry! The bonding comes a bit later but it comes iyh! Firstly enjoy the time she is spending in the nicu to recover from the c-section! I was happy not to have the baby next to me and till today I dont know how ppl manage to have their babies next to them after a c-section lol. And believe me when I tell you they grow very quick Smile
Much nachas!! Rest well!

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 2:35 am
Mazel Tov!!!!!!!!!!!!

shiffycc

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 8:02 am
I've been thinking that I need to name her. Does anybody have any suggestions for a baby in such a situation? Chaya and bracha are the obvious ones. But you ladies always come up with such pretty things....

fiddle

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 8:07 am
hodaya

chani8

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 8:38 am
Shiffy, are you charedi or MO? That makes a difference in name suggestions.

(Hodaya is not a charedi name)

ETA - (actually, I think it is used by charedi sefardim, and everyone else in Israel)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births