Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Chasidishe scarf tie
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 5:52 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Shpitzel it’s self is about $160-$175

There are liner and fillers that costs $5-$10 each

For the tichel itself sky is the limit, they can go all the way up to $6-700 depending on brand name

Oh wow! Thanks so much for answering I had no idea. That's absolutely fascinating. The tichels sound beautiful. I don't wear a sheitel, just tichels and scarves but none in that price range lol. Ok, next question lol, which tichel is your favourite (I.e color, pattern) and how long does the shpitzel last?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 5:55 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Oh wow! Thanks so much for answering I had no idea. That's absolutely fascinating. The tichels sound beautiful. I don't wear a sheitel, just tichels and scarves but none in that price range lol. Ok, next question lol, which tichel is your favourite (I.e color, pattern) and how long does the shpitzel last?

There are many polyester tichlech that go way below, even below $100

I personally like soft soft pinkish and bluish as well,

Shpitzel can last for a while, probably two years,

If the site has the option of a pic I can post, maybe other shpitzel posters can help me out here 😏

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:12 pm
Thanks, Seafoam! I think you can upload images here if you click “images” under the reply box when you type your reply. I would love to see pictures. Thanks for your help!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:19 pm
Is there a way to upload a picture here ? I would upload a picture of a actual shpitzel,

It is someone that’s sold out of home,

I’m flattered by the sudden interest in shpitzlech as I alway felt the underdog over there

This is the only modern picture I could find. I do have a book of historical Jewish dress, and there are illustrations of silk shpitzelech, but the styles are over 100 years old. I would love to see pictures of more modern ones.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:22 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]Thanks, Seafoam! I think you can upload images here if you click “images” under the reply box when you type your reply. I would love to see pictures. Thanks for your help![/

What is that you would like to see a pic of? The actual shpitzel?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:26 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

This is the only modern picture I could find. I do have a book of historical Jewish dress, and there are illustrations of silk shpitzelech, but the styles are over 100 years old. I would love to see pictures of more modern ones.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:32 pm
Note that this is a guy posing as a woman which is why this pic is on the internet to begin with

That's a guy? Surprised

Wow, I can usually spot a trans/crossdresser/drag queen a mile away. I guess my gaydar isn't working like it used to.

OK, a plea to all shpitzel wearing ladies. Could you remove the accessories you wear under your scarves, and take pictures of them laying out on a flat surface, then upload the pictures so you can post them here?

That way, nobody would have to see your face, or you with your scarf off. Totally tznius, and it would give a good idea of construction.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:37 pm
Ok going first, I invite others to join, I truly appreciate the curiosity

Edited to remove the picture, I invite others to post theirs, removed for personal reasons

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 11:25 pm
There are many polyester tichlech that go way below, even below $100

I personally like soft soft pinkish and bluish as well,

Shpitzel can last for a while, probably two years,

If the site has the option of a pic I can post, maybe other shpitzel posters can help me out here 😏

mine's lasted for more than three years now. great investment.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 11:39 pm
Is there a way to upload a picture here ? I would upload a picture of a actual shpitzel,

It is someone that’s sold out of home,

I’m flattered by the sudden interest in shpitzlech as I alway felt the underdog over there

Ha. Me too. I can’t believe that people are really asking in a respectful manner about this. Although I get complimented a lot I still feel very conspicuous in many settings. And it’s not easy at all to tie it if you want it to be perfect.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 11:57 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Ha. Me too. I can’t believe that people are really asking in a respectful manner about this. Although I get complimented a lot I still feel very conspicuous in many settings. And it’s not easy at all to tie it if you want it to be perfect.

Nobody else going to post a pic? Starting to feel self conscious......

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 11:58 pm
Nobody else going to post a pic? Starting to feel self conscious......

A pic of what? It’s all basically the same, no?

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 12:00 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
A pic of what? It’s all basically the same, no?

I guess, but was hoping others will post as well, I feel like I exposed something, I wanted others to share as well, can’t explain

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 12:04 am
Maybe take a step further and show some binding

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 2:07 am

https://I.imgur.com/bLcXkS1.jpg

Thank you so much for posting Seafoam. It's actually a very great thing that you did, and I really appreciate it. It looks very comfortable!
I now pronounce you queen of the sphitzels 😊

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 7:05 am
I've seen cheap shpitzlech online. For some reason the fashion has started in France some years ago and some sell it in real, synthetic, also cheap. I think it looks great

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 7:20 am
I love the mimu scarfs, but they look way different. They're also a lot cheaper.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 7:31 am
Seafoam, do you wear everything you posted at the same time or are those different options?
Does it feel tight the whole day?
When I’m home I wear a tichel/snood because when I’m out with my shaitel (band underneath to keep it from sliding), it feels tight and confining and I can’t wait to take it off and get more comfortable!
Are you dealing with the same thing or it’s comfortable all day long?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 7:38 am
It looks like the shpitzel has a wig grip type fabric in a band behind the "hair line". Is that what it is? If so, it's genius to have everything integrated into one piece.

Is it a home industry to make them, or is there a company that manufactures them for the frum market?

ETA: I looked closer, and now I see that it's not a wig grip. If you could design one with a grip to keep the scarves slipping you could make a lot of money!

Last edited by FranticFrummie on Thu, Nov 21 2019, 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

nchr

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 7:38 am

https://I.imgur.com/bLcXkS1.jpg

So you really do wear a shpitzel...
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics