Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please recheck if u have antibodies...
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 8:19 am
Antibodies are not telling of anything concrete at this stage- not even if someone had the infection. But science and data from other coronaviruses do suggest there should be some immunity for the vast majority of indivudals for some amount of time (1-5 years). Hppefully we will soon be able to test for the antibody specific to the spike protein which will indicate likely immunity. We need to learn of the virus can stay dormant in some people and reinfect or which groups of people are least likely to develop enough protection. And yes, wearing masks and avoiding large crowds indoors especially with singing should just be done.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:07 am
I know someone personally, in monsey, who had such high antibodies in mid-May that she donated plasma.

Last week she retested again-
there were NO antibodies. Not just a reduced ammount. None.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:16 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I know someone personally, in monsey, who had such high antibodies in mid-May that she donated plasma.

She should go to a different lab to test I know someone that needed to go to Israel and she needed antibody test she went to all labs each one gave different answer.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:16 am
The tests are inaccurate lots of times. I know someone who is in the hospital for COVID since March. Since they needed to be transferred to different facilities and had to be negative before, they did the test a coupleOf times. 1/4 of the tests Came back positive.

clowny

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:17 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

Exactly. This makes a lot of sense because
Antibodies don’t last forever. It lasts only for about 6-8 weeks.

nchr

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:23 am
clowny wrote:

IgM you mean... not IgG which can be lifelong depending on the bacterium, parasite or virus.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:25 am
I should also add that the NY dept of health cautioned the nursing home I work in to be extra on guard, theres a possibility of all our covid survivors (with antibodies) getting sick with covid AGAIN , due to the fact that theyre seeing antibodies disappear approximately 3 months later.

Horrifying and terrifying, can everyonE PLEASE PUT ON A MASK

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:25 am
clowny wrote:

How can you say this when NO substantive evidence is showing that anyone on the planet is getting it again yet - and it’s been around since at least December??? No one is discussing that!! If what you are saying is true (and I know it’s cause that’s what’s being reported) than it would be rampant again in places like Wuhan and Italy.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:28 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I should also add that the NY dept of health cautioned the nursing home I work in to be extra on guard, theres a possibility of all our covid survivors (with antibodies) getting sick with covid AGAIN , due to the fact that theyre seeing antibodies disappear approximately 3 months later.

Horrifying and terrifying, can everyonE PLEASE PUT ON A MASK

Ny DOH has been so incompetent that I would not believe anything out of there mouths!!!

little neshamala

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:30 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
No one is discussing that!! If what you are saying is true (and I know it’s cause that’s what’s being reported) than it would be rampant again in places like Wuhan and Italy.

This isnt true. Studies out of china were the first to report that theyre seeing antibodies disappear after 3 months.
And, theyre still wearing masks. Everyone. So they are greatly reducing the transmission of any virus thats left

imokay

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:31 am
Disappearing antibodies does not mean no immunity. Scientists are still trying to understand all the data and what all this signifies.
Please stop spreading fear and gossip and rumors. If you have a reputable scientific article to link to then that is welcome information.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:32 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Ny DOH has been so incompetent that I would not believe anything out of there mouths!!!

I dont disagree with you.
But, its not so difficult to use common sense when youre seeing people lose antibodies after 3 months....
People lose antibodies, they can get sick again, so its not so crazy to listen to DOH caution when theyre saying be careful, just because they had antibodies doesnt mean they cant catch it again.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:36 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I dont disagree with you.
But, its not so difficult to use common sense when youre seeing people lose antibodies after 3 months....
People lose antibodies, they can get sick again, so its not so crazy to listen to DOH caution when theyre saying be careful, just because they had antibodies doesnt mean they cant catch it again.

That fact was not proven yet so far no one got the illness again. So until they have proof of it it’s false.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:37 am
imokay wrote:
Disappearing antibodies does not mean no immunity. Scientists are still trying to understand all the data and what all this signifies.
Please stop spreading fear and gossip and rumors. If you have a reputable scientific article to link to then that is welcome information.

Thank you!

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:40 am
One thing I have realized for example in Israel there were red zones literally highly infected with virus and now Israel is having numbers go up but only in the places that didn’t have cases. The red zones are now clean.

Same is with the US, NY has been hit bad in April and now is mostly fine there are some cases but very mild.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:37 am
And where do we see a correlation between social distancing, wearing masks and new cases?! Boro park has reopened schools, stores and shuls with no Masks or social distancing and I haven’t heard of any new diagnosed cases here.
So how can This be explained?!

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:40 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
But, but, what about herd immunity? Banging head Banging head Banging head

/sarcasm font

If you spend enough time arguing on Imamother threads about Covid, you naturally get herd immunity from all the typing.

carnation

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:42 am
OP, when did those 2 people get the virus the first time? Many people have it coming and going for about 8 weeks since they originally got the virus.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:51 am
Someone I know personally had covid about a week after Purim and got it again last week. A young person who is BH ok and did not need hospitalization, but it's still worrisome.

With other corona viruses, people tend to get hit with the same severity the second time around (once immunity wears off). Those who had it mild the first time would most likely have it mild the second time, and unfortunately those who had severe symptoms would most likely have those again. Note, this is based on corona viruses that have been around a while. No one knows for sure how this one will play out.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:09 am
Antibodies dont last forever and protect for all mutations. For those who think it does. This isn't the mumps where if you got it once you are good for life.

That is why you can get the flu, type a & b in the same seaon or once in november and again in April. And that is why vaccines have booster schedules.

At best you can get maybe 6 months. 3 months is not uncommon. So if you had the virus purim time you are starting to become suseptible to getting it again now. Basic biology. This is in the corona class of viruses. It is not a bacteria.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics