Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Navy
Previous  1  2  3  Next

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 3:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
With these high boots I don’t even think the tights show! Is that still considered “ok” if it’s navy skirt on navy boots without a color break in the middle?

If they're high boots I should hope so. You do want your skirt to cover your knees when you sit, yeah?

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 3:40 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Start a trend. I'm with you.

Here, here Cheers

I'm sure you can make it look great if you accessorize right.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 4:11 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Start a trend. I'm with you.

Lol my trend is called matching. Very creative no? I took inspiration from the idea of wearing black skirts with black boots. Now that’s what I call innovation! 😝

penguin

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 4:17 pm
I obviously need to get out more. I don't think I've ever seen navy boots.

icebreaker

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 4:38 pm
penguin wrote:
I obviously need to get out more. I don't think I've ever seen navy boots

I was just coming to post this lol. The only colors I've seen are brown, black, and a tan-ish, neutral color.

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 4:42 pm
black and blue/navy have become fashionable quite a few years ago. I personally don't like colored stockings, only nude or black.

I've held back from purchasing navy clothes for this reason but if I did find a navy dress id wear w black tights and cool black shoes/boots.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 4:43 pm
Op

I am very stylish and I very dark navy tights. It’s almost black but it has a hint of blue tone to it so it has the black tights look bit it doesn’t clash with the navy skirt if they makes sense. I don’t have navy shoes or boots though. I would wear a navy dress with the dark navy tights and say red or maroon or green shoes. I get melas brand

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 4:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
With these high boots I don’t even think the tights show! Is that still considered “ok” if it’s navy skirt on navy boots without a color break in the middle?

I think this could look very with it. monochrome is very classic and still trendy.

penguin

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:03 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
I obviously need to get out more. I don't think I've ever seen navy boots
Icebreaker wrote:
Quote:
I was just coming to post this lol. The only colors I've seen are brown, black, and a tan-ish, neutral color.
Thanks, Icebreaker. I was wondering if I'm the only one.

I recently met a young girl wearing a type of heel I never saw before. Wide from the back but really skinny from the side. Don't even know what it's called. And totally couldn't tell if this was over the top trendy or people are wearing it these days!

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:05 pm
thank you for the replys

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'd do it!

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:28 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I don't remember the last time I saw a women wearing navy tights.

Colored tights were very in two years ago.
And I dont see that navy is radical at all and I'm pretty stylish.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:33 pm
If it’s tall boots the tights won’t even show much. Just wear navy. I would probably end up with nude to be safe. I also hate black and navy together it hurts my eyes.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:10 pm
I love navy and wear navy skirts, tights, and shoes the way other people wear black. It’s the same look but softer (black is too harsh and aging imo for most ashkenazim). It’s my staple and nobody has shunned me yet! I have some Melas brand very dark navy and some Hue brand regular navy so my tights go with the shade of my skirt.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:12 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
I love navy and wear navy skirts, tights, and shoes the way other people wear black. It’s the same look but softer (black is too harsh and aging imo for most ashkenazim). It’s my staple and nobody has shunned me yet! I have some Melas brand very dark navy and some Hue brand regular navy so my tights go with the shade of my skirt.

Can you explain what you mean that it's harsh/aging for Ashkenazim. Like not Sephardim? Why would that be so?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:23 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
Op

I am very stylish and I very dark navy tights. It’s almost black but it has a hint of blue tone to it so it has the black tights look bit it doesn’t clash with the navy skirt if they makes sense. I don’t have navy shoes or boots though. I would wear a navy dress with the dark navy tights and say red or maroon or green shoes. I get melas brand

Oh interesting! Can you post a link to the melas shade you are talking about?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:24 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:

Nice! It’s so funny I didn’t realize people would avoid navy I thought it was considered mainstream!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:28 pm
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
I think this could look very with it. monochrome is very classic and still trendy.

Really? I’m confused because the whole reason I started this thread was because I thought what I found out from this site that monochrome wasn’t cool at least when it comes to navy??

tigerwife

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:41 pm
Just go for the navy. I’ve been wearing navy tights for years and no one’s ever arrested me lol. The navy skirt and boots could also look great with grey in between (what color is the top you’ll wear with it?).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:45 pm
icebreaker wrote:

Lol I also own a pair of a lighter blue ankle boots (not light blue but like the same shade as the “Ipload & Post Images” button on imamother) and they look gorgeous (wear with black skirt). I also have a pair of ankle boots that are a pinkish/reddish shade. Guess I like color 😉
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics