Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Fungal diaper rash that comes back
Previous  1  2

mochamix18

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 7:21 am
I have had these types of rashes with my babies. Keeping the area clean and dry externally is very important. Food grade cornstarch is very good for this.

Seeking

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 9:31 am
Sprinkle probiotic over the rash to cover and you'll be shocked to find new nice skin by the next diaper change. You can put it a few times if it's really bad and also by mouth once a day for three weeks and it'll all be gone and not come back. This is the only thing that helped after trying tons....

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 9:57 am
Seeking wrote:
Sprinkle probiotic over the rash to cover and you'll be shocked to find new nice skin by the next diaper change. You can put it a few times if it's really bad and also by mouth once a day for three weeks and it'll all be gone and not come back. This is the only thing that helped after trying tons....

What company probiotic? Powder or liquid?

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 10:04 am
To add on to what everyone is saying here, I strongly suggest changing to a high quality diaper like Pampers Swadders, if you don’t already use them. Even Pampers Baby Dry wasn’t enough to keep the fungal rashes at bay for my baby, only the swaddlers. Fungus thrives in moisture, so you need a diaper that’s keeping your baby as dry as possible. They made a huge difference. Also, make sure your baby doesn’t have thrush, which is how the fungus manifests in the mouth. If you get rid of the fungus in the diaper area but not in their mouth, it can keep coming back. My pediatrician recommends tracking down Daktarin to treat thrush, it’s imported from England by a few ppl in the frum community. I can give you contact info if you need.

Eta: I found when my baby ate strawberries, that led to acidic diapers which caused rashes.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Apr 25 2023, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

scruffy

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 10:05 am
mochamix18 wrote:
I have had these types of rashes with my babies. Keeping the area clean and dry externally is very important. Food grade cornstarch is very good for this.

You would put this on top of triple paste?

scruffy

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 10:05 am
Seeking wrote:

Which probiotic? I've been using a liquid but I assume you mean a powder

scruffy

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 10:06 am
sandyish wrote:
To add on to what everyone is saying here, I strongly suggest changing to a high quality diaper like Pampers Swadders, if you don’t already use them. Even Pampers Baby Dry wasn’t enough to keep the fungal rashes at bay for my baby, only the swaddlers. They made a huge difference. Also, make sure your baby doesn’t have thrush, which is how the fungus manifests in the mouth. If you get rid of the fungus in the diaper area but not in their mouth, it can keep coming back. My pediatrician recommends tracking down Daktarin to treat thrush, it’s imported from England by a few ppl in the frum community. I can give you contact info if you need.

Thanks!

We checked for thrush the last time and baby didn't have Bh

Seeking

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 10:11 am
Powder from maxi

scruffy

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 10:11 am
Seeking wrote:
Powder from maxi

Thank you!

amother
Ballota

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 10:12 am
We used many of the suggestions here to get rid of it. To keep it away (after months of it going away & returning) I use antifungal powder after each diaper change. Very important to keep the area dry as well.

mochamix18

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 11:04 am
scruffy wrote:
You would put this on top of triple paste?

I would personally do it alone. I don’t know what it is about pure cornstarch, but it’s very healing on these fungal rashes all by it self. I would also put it between my babies neck folds when they would get fungal rashes.
As far as ointment, I don’t use triple paste. I have a lot of of success specifically with the target up and up version of desitin extra strength. It has 40% zinc oxide which is also very protective barrier for wetness.

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 10:25 am
amother Ballota wrote:
We used many of the suggestions here to get rid of it. To keep it away (after months of it going away & returning) I use antifungal powder after each diaper change. Very important to keep the area dry as well.

Which company?

My baby still has it, it's been a few weeks I put triple past plus Nyastin and even tried the probiotics an amother suggested but it's still there, it's not only on his butt but also on his groin (were testicles are)

amother
Ballota

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 2:11 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
Which company?

My baby still has it, it's been a few weeks I put triple past plus Nyastin and even tried the probiotics an amother suggested but it's still there, it's not only on his butt but also on his groin (were testicles are)

It might not be fungal then. But you can try a powder anyhow won't hurt!

I don't recall the brand but my doc said any brand, doesn't matter which, just should say antifungal. Not specifically for babies. I think the one I have is red and green.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics