Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Babies left in car by mistake
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Goldie613

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 3:20 pm
I've heard of leaving your pocketbook next to the carseat so that when you reach back for that you'll be reminded. I've even heard of (and honestly, I think this is so smart, even if it sounds odd) leaving one of your shoes on the backseat next to the baby, so that the second you step out of the car (literally) you have to deal with the backseat and will see your little one.

happy chick

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 3:54 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
I've heard of leaving your pocketbook next to the carseat so that when you reach back for that you'll be reminded. I've even heard of (and honestly, I think this is so smart, even if it sounds odd) leaving one of your shoes on the backseat next to the baby, so that the second you step out of the car (literally) you have to deal with the backseat and will see your little one.

this!! your shoe!! you can forget a wallet, bag, keys and yes, even your phone. but theres no way youre walking out the car with one shoe.

Hashem should protect us all.

anonymous1112

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 4:42 pm
Yes I always dump my shoe In the back!!!

GLUE

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 4:43 pm
A few years ago it was very hot out side, I came home and took my baby out of the car.
About 5 minutes later I notice that my 4 year old was no were to be found.
I ran to the car and she was sleeping in the back. B"H she was fine.

I have different methods so not to forget my baby, my older kids who come out by them self I would not check.

Now if I have any kid in the car no matter the age I check they could have falling asleep.

Don't just worry about your babies think about your other kids in the car.

mfb

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:01 pm
amother Holly wrote:
I have this product and it works well

STEELMATE 1U Automotive Baby Car Seat Alarm System Reminder, Backseat Baby in Car Reminder Warning w/Light & Sounds Remind When Power Off/Unbuckle, Easy Installation https://a.co/d/e6jASNM

This looks like a good item.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:04 pm
mfb wrote:
This looks like a good item.

It works well, and I specifically didn't want something that requires me to connect my Bluetooth or use my phone in any way. It works no matter who is driving, no app or anything required.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:09 pm
GLUE wrote:
A few years ago it was very hot out side, I came home and took my baby out of the car.

I have different methods so not to forget my baby, my older kids who come out by them self I would not check.

Now if I have any kid in the car no matter the age I check they could have falling asleep.

This happened to my 3 year old brother.
We were a bunch of kids in the car and nobody noticed that my brother fell asleep and didn’t come out.

We were looking for him for 45 minutes before we thought of checking the car.

I can’t get to myself about this baby. She was in my child’s playgroup. Every time look at my baby, my heart skips a beat.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:17 pm
GLUE wrote:

My Waze child reminder names all my kids, even my teenagers.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:20 pm
amother Heather wrote:
There speaks a Chossid Shoteh. Ein somchin al hanes. Venishmartem meod lenafshoseichem. Otherwise, why bother putting on a coat in the winter, going to the doctor, taking medicine, looking for oncoming traffic before crossing the street, checking out potential shidduchim before going out with them? After all, "if Hashem wants everything to be fine, it will be."

When I talk to people like you, I mutter "Shomer petayim Hashem." That means G-d looks after idiots.

No one is saying not to do anything. She was just pointing out a pitfall of devices and reminders.
It’s true that when ones time is up, Hashem knows where to find them. We can do everything we can think of, and something awful can still happen. Or we can not do anything and nothing will happen.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:51 pm
amother Milk wrote:
amother lightblue, the product u posted looks great. I assume it isn't uncomfortable for baby right? I would totally get one. thanks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=.....sZXJ0

mfb

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:54 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
My Waze child reminder names all my kids, even my teenagers.

We found that at some point you just get immune to these announcements.
Also people doing regular street routes aren’t always using waze.
I really like the device amother holly posted l. It works with any person driving the car so if dh/grandparent… does a ride with kids in your car it will still work

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:54 pm
amother Holly wrote:
It works well, and I specifically didn't want something that requires me to connect my Bluetooth or use my phone in any way. It works no matter who is driving, no app or anything required.
That’s what I want too. Anything I should be aware of before I order? Are you happy with it?

cookier

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:55 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
I’m expecting now and planning on buying this https://www.doona.com/en-us/do.....Cxfs. I don’t have a Doona car seat, but it can be used with any. Eli from Magic Beans has a you tube review and he was raving about it. I have no plans to trust myself, just because all my kids made it through infanthood unscathed.

No to be “the car seat mom” but this really shouldn’t be used in anything except a doona. Most car seats you can’t adjust the length of the crotch buckle, so if you add a cushion like this, it could push the baby up higher in relation to that buckle and the hip straps and in a severe accident cv”s cause significant leg injury.

The previously posted device with just the little puck under the cushion would be a better option, or something like the elepho that clips to the harness, though the strictest safety people will say don’t add anything at all to a car seat.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:58 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
That’s what I want too. Anything I should be aware of before I order? Are you happy with it?

If I recall correctly it only comes with one insert for the car seat. So the alarm will only go off if the child in that car seat wasn't taken out. I'm not sure what you would do if you have a few kids in car seats/ boosters - it wasn't relevant to me. I'm happy with it, works as expected.

cookier

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 6:09 pm
Cybex and evenflo now have sensor-safe clip options on most of their car seats.

The US auto industry had essentially committed to having a rear seat alarm in all vehicles by late next year (2025 model year). Some cars already have them.

In addition to the steel mate that was already posted, you can get the CleverElly, which alarms when you open the door to remind you to check the back. https://cleverelly.com/collect.....-cars

Other good safety habits are leaving something in the back every time you get in the car, and having a mirror or camera on each car seat, angled so see baby’s face every time you look in the rear view mirror.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 6:09 pm
Was there a recent death of a baby left in a hot car? Is that why this conversation was started?

Ema of 5

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 6:13 pm
mfb wrote:
We found that at some point you just get immune to these announcements.
Also people doing regular street routes aren’t always using waze.
I really like the device amother holly posted l. It works with any person driving the car so if dh/grandparent… does a ride with kids in your car it will still work

I hear that, and it’s definitely an issue for many.

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 6:14 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Was there a recent death of a baby left in a hot car? Is that why this conversation was started?

Yes 😩😢

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 6:15 pm
I use this and am very happy with it. It’s a camera on the baby and the screen is right in middle of dashboard

Shynerk Baby Car Mirror, 4.3'' HD Night Vision Function Car Mirror Display, Safety Car Seat Mirror Camera Monitored Mirror with Wide Crystal Clear View, Aimed at Baby, Easily Observe the Baby’s Move https://a.co/d/ct89LLD

Ema of 5

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 6:16 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
Yes 😩😢

Oh no! Where was this? That poor poor family :-(
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics