Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Babies left in car by mistake
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:18 pm
There’s got to be a sure fire way to prevent this…

I just can’t believe the tzaar, guilt, pain,and suffering a parent goes through after such a deathly mistake.

Maybe a car should have an overheat protection?
What else?

Amarante

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:19 pm
There are devices on the market

https://www.safewise.com/car-seat-alarm/

amother
Broom

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:19 pm
I always put something that I need in the back seat by the baby's car seat. That way when I leave the car automatically have to go to the back.
You can also put an alarm on your phone for a few minutes after you're supposed to drop them off to remind you to check.

It's very scary, I heard of a baby who passed away yesterday because of this

amother
Holly

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:21 pm
I have this product and it works well

STEELMATE 1U Automotive Baby Car Seat Alarm System Reminder, Backseat Baby in Car Reminder Warning w/Light & Sounds Remind When Power Off/Unbuckle, Easy Installation https://a.co/d/e6jASNM

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:25 pm
It should be built into cars…l
If there’s weight on any seat while the motor is off it should start an alarm…

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:25 pm
There is a setting on waze to remind you to check for babies

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:28 pm
I’m expecting now and planning on buying this https://www.doona.com/en-us/do.....Cxfs. I don’t have a Doona car seat, but it can be used with any. Eli from Magic Beans has a you tube review and he was raving about it. I have no plans to trust myself, just because all my kids made it through infanthood unscathed.

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:32 pm
I think that at this day an age, they should come up with something built in to the car.

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:34 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
I think that at this day an age, they should come up with something built in to the car.

Some people have older cars. I’m not planning on buying a 2023 for my next car either.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
There’s got to be a sure fire way to prevent this…

I just can’t believe the tzaar, guilt, pain,and suffering a parent goes through after such a deathly mistake.

Maybe a car should have an overheat protection?
What else?

Waze has a child reminder option. There are alarms that can go in car seats or in seat belts. Leave something you will need in the back, with the baby.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:37 pm
amother lightblue, the product u posted looks great. I assume it isn't uncomfortable for baby right? I would totally get one. thanks

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:48 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
I’m expecting now and planning on buying this https://www.doona.com/en-us/do.....Cxfs. I don’t have a Doona car seat, but it can be used with any. Eli from Magic Beans has a you tube review and he was raving about it. I have no plans to trust myself, just because all my kids made it through infanthood unscathed.
Do you know if this can be used if you don't have a smartphone? DH uses a flip phone and I need something that he will use as well.

CSO radio has a reminder that checks if you've opened your sliding door but if I'm going somewhere without kids I don't want to have to open my sliding door.

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 1:04 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Some people have older cars. I’m not planning on buying a 2023 for my next car either.

Agreed, but if they start building it into new cars now, hopefully in 10-15 years this will no longer be an issue. In the meantime we need to take other precautions, but this should still be done for the future.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 1:59 pm
My car has an overheat protection setting. The climate turns on if the car gets to hot or too cold. It also registers if there’s someone in the car so if I did Chas v’shalom forget, I think I’d get an alert on my phone. Tesla model Y btw.

ETA, even older model teslas have these settings because updates on the car are automatic and electronic.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 2:11 pm
The devices are helpful- but, when Hashem wants, NOTHING helps. And if Hashem wants everything to be fine, it will be. Despite leaving the baby in the car in the heat.
It happened to me, and to others I know. The aibershter spared us of the Tzaar.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 2:12 pm
In Israel there's a newish law that everyoje has to have a device like this installed.

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 2:13 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
The devices are helpful- but, when Hashem wants, NOTHING helps. And if Hashem wants everything to be fine, it will be. Despite leaving the baby in the car in the heat.

We are required to do our hishtadlus and take precaution nevertheless.

amother
Maize

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 2:14 pm
The problem with having it built into the car, is that people then no longer take ownership or responsibility. If the alarm malfunctions and doesn’t go off, the person has no responsible and down not think of anything, as they have become dependent on the alarm.
Then legally the car company would then become responsible as well.

amother
Heather

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 2:47 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:

There speaks a Chossid Shoteh. Ein somchin al hanes. Venishmartem meod lenafshoseichem. Otherwise, why bother putting on a coat in the winter, going to the doctor, taking medicine, looking for oncoming traffic before crossing the street, checking out potential shidduchim before going out with them? After all, "if Hashem wants everything to be fine, it will be."

When I talk to people like you, I mutter "Shomer petayim Hashem." That means G-d looks after idiots.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 3:15 pm
That is too harsh.

Honeysuckle said these devices are helpful.

But nothing is foolproof and we must ALSO davven to Hashem.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics