Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
S/o Lakewood Schools- Mixed schools
Previous  1  2

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:39 pm
small bean wrote:
How do you know it's the parents vs the school making the choice because their crowd has changed and they want to have students.

Bnos Penina didn't make it as a typical lakewood school. They needed to cater to the students who would come to them.

100% agree with this. I know quite a few heimish ppl that send to litvish schools not one of them has a problem with Hebrew teitching or the nusach. Ftr I agree that ppl who move with older kids should not get priority over Lakewood girls, but there are lots of young heimish families that moved before they had kids or their kids needed school. But no one is trying to change the schools. There is just not enough heimish schools so ppl need to look elsewhere or their kids would be homeschooled

amother
Chestnut

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 10:52 am
small bean wrote:
How do you know it's the parents vs the school making the choice because their crowd has changed and they want to have students.

Bnos Penina didn't make it as a typical lakewood school. They needed to cater to the students who would come to them.

I thought your question was how do you know the school changed the Nusch? So I was explaining to you how I know that they are using a different Nusch.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 11:09 am
To be fair....there have been schools in Lakewood that changed to become more yeshivish because of the clientele. Bnos Yaakov comes to mind.

GLUE

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 11:18 am
Chayalle wrote:
To be fair....there have been schools in Lakewood that changed to become more yeshivish because of the clientele. Bnos Yaakov comes to mind.

Bnos Yaakov offered free tuition for Primary to a bunch of yeshivish families if they send there one year.
I know one of the families that got the free tuition so yes they were tiring to get more yeshivish.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 11:20 am
GLUE wrote:
Bnos Yaakov offered free tuition for Primary to a bunch of yeshivish families if they send there one year.
I know one of the families that got the free tuition so yes they were tiring to get more yeshivish.

Yes I remember. I had a relative who tried to pursuade me to send DD there, way back.

But the question is, what was behind this, why did they change over? Because they had clientele that wanted the school to shift.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 7:19 pm
So cool I wonder who covered the cost for those free tuitions for those children.

marvinkay

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:26 am
What’s jpf?

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 10:20 am
nechamala wrote:
What’s jpf?

Just plain frum

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 10:26 am
Chayalle wrote:
Yes I remember. I had a relative who tried to pursuade me to send DD there, way back.

But the question is, what was behind this, why did they change over? Because they had clientele that wanted the school to shift.

If so it was a very small percentage of the school. My dds went to Bnos Yaakov starting soon after their shift and I was under the impression that it was under new management that wanted that shift. As time went on they got more and more yeshivish to the dismay of most of their original parent body.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics