Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
If you don't carry a pocketbook, where is your stuff?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

BH Yom Yom

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:17 am
This thread is reminding me of the adult version of “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes” - “Glasses, Wallet, Keys and Phone.” Laugh

No matter how much I try, I haven’t (yet??) been able to figure out how to carry less stuff.

a2z

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 3:35 am
In my skirt pocket! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil MWAHAHAHAHA

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 4:36 am
I love my Fanny packs. I’m so happy it’s trendy(ish).
Inside is my kosher phone, wallet , cash and change, extra pills that I take daily and Tylenol, some candy, tissues, mini hand cream, lip gloss, pen and small paper, pad when I’m bleeding, bedika cloth when I’m 7 days, grocery list…….
In the summer I hang a water bottle off it. I’m never without my bag!
Similar to the ones I have:
https://www.amazon.com/Telena-.....=8-57

https://www.amazon.com/Telena-.....;th=1

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:06 am
I see so many people with just their phone with a case that has a strap. I get how it hold credit cards, license, etc. But how do you hold your car keys? A tampon?

Lots of people use the cup.. no need to bring anything else…

heidi

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:20 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
I'm also middle aged and I rarely carry a pocketbook. Why would I need a pad or tampon? I would only put it in/on at home. No change, only credit cards. I wear all day lipstick. Reading glasses are on my nose (I have multi focal glasses). The papers and pamphlets go into my car and then I put them away when I get home. Tissues, gum, breathmint in my coat pocket. Credit card, license, health insurance info card etc in my phone. Did I leave anything out?

Me too- I get mistaken for the salesperson in stores cause I walk around with no pocketbook.
My phone holds my credit cards. Car keys in my pocket or my hand. I work in an office so I keep a pad and tampon in my desk drawer just in case. I wear multi focal lenses, but before I had them I wore my bubby glasses on my head.

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:26 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
Oh the joys of those who wear clothes with pockets! Smile

No pockets, garment does not come home.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:27 pm
My phone. It has Apple Pay so I never carry a card. I keep a few bills in my case and leave a water bottle in the car. If I must bring my wallet I take a belt bag.

If I have the kids then I need a bag obviously, but for myself I’m hands free.

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:54 pm
who needs all that stuff with them all the time???

also who even uses cash these days?

I have my phone, cc, insurance card, and a pad in a small little purse.. thats its.. if I happen to know ill need something ill make sure to bring along occasionally.

DallasIma

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:05 pm
This is why I almost always buy skirts that have pockets. And not just side-seam pockets, but cargo pockets. I even just bought a jumper with cargo pockets. That's where I keep all my stuff when I go anywhere.

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:07 pm
I have just my phone on me, I started using Apple Pay when I lost my credit card while on vacation and have been using it ever since.

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:11 pm
All of you who carry your keys in your hand when you're not wearing a coat (or pockets), I'm confused. If you go to store, you just hold them the whole time? Or to a shiur? Or out to eat or to the park with older kids? I see many posts here that explain everything but keys.

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:13 pm
amother Clover wrote:
All of you who carry your keys in your hand when you're not wearing a coat (or pockets), I'm confused. If you go to store, you just hold them the whole time? Or to a shiur? Or out to eat or to the park with older kids? I see many posts here that explain everything but keys.

I have a scrunchie that holds keys so I just have it on my wrist alot.

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:20 pm
im actually so happy to read this thread. I thought I was the only one that didnt carry any bag with me, and my mother tells me it's not ladylike. a lady needs a bag. I really really dislike having another thing on me. clothes and wig and stockings is more than enough for my senses. Laugh
in winter its all in my coat pocket.
thank you for making me feel normal.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:26 pm
It seems like everyone has a car available. I live in bp so never take a car and walk everywhere. I carry a small crossbody with my wallet and phone. If I need anything else, I carry it in a bag.

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:56 pm
Wallet stuff (cash, cards, phone) in a small waist pouch aka fanny pack, everything else (books, lunch, grooming aids, tissues, pens, folding umbrella, sweater, letters to mail, etc. etc. depending on where I'm going and for how long) in a backpack.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 8:43 pm
fanny pack. not a tiny one though

ysydmom

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 8:47 pm
My coat pockets carry everything I don't use cash I use Google Pay but I keep an emergency card in my coat pocket. I don't drive so no keys to worry about.

I keep the one credit card, my id, hat gloves, hand sanitizer and my phone in my pockets.

In the summer months I wear a fanny pack.

I also have my insurance card on my phone as well as my kids and dh's so I don't need to carry cards around. I have them all saved in an email ready to go as needed.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 8:57 pm
Yeah in winter it's all in my my coat pockets. In summer I try to wear skirts with pockets or I'll carry a crossbody bag. If my kids are along it's a backpack. I ditched the giant wallet for a small one and then it's just keys and phone.

GLUE

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:23 pm
DallasIma wrote:
This is why I almost always buy skirts that have pockets. And not just side-seam pockets, but cargo pockets. I even just bought a jumper with cargo pockets. That's where I keep all my stuff when I go anywhere.

Where do you get such skirts? I would like to buy them and don't know where to get them.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:33 pm
amother Hosta wrote:

I try to keep my license in my car so I know it’s with me when I drive

I just want to say..please don’t do this!
A. It’s your ID
B. People steal stuff out of cars all the time!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics