Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
If you don't carry a pocketbook, where is your stuff?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:05 pm
Lately I see many, if not most, women don't carry a pocketbook (yes, I know I'm dating myself). Where do you keep all of you stuff? I have my keys, my credit cards, I like to pay cash so I have change, lip balm, lip stick, reading glasses (yes, I'm middle aged), I get papers and pamphlets at appointments, tampons, pads, tissues, gum, breath mints. What do all of you do who don't care a pocketbag? I would be lost.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:07 pm
Really?
Most women I see are carrying crossbody bags or belt bags which is what I use for all my stuff

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:07 pm
In my phone. I have a case with a pocket. I don’t carry papers or large items.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:10 pm
Coat pocket. Till the summer TMI

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:20 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
Coat pocket. Till the summer TMI

Same. I hate having to carry a handbag in the summer.

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:23 pm
I think a lot of women I know leave their purse in their car and just carry a phone with a credit card in a holder on the back and keys.

I could never. I need my bag.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Lately I see many, if not most, women don't carry a pocketbook (yes, I know I'm dating myself). Where do you keep all of you stuff? I have my keys, my credit cards, I like to pay cash so I have change, lip balm, lip stick, reading glasses (yes, I'm middle aged), I get papers and pamphlets at appointments, tampons, pads, tissues, gum, breath mints. What do all of you do who don't care a pocketbag? I would be lost.

So glad u brought this up!
Same!
It became a trend to carry minimal, but its not always convenient for me....exactly like you say, sometimes we need a bag for the stuff you listed!

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:31 pm
lol I hate “stuff” I have my keys in my pocket and I primarily use Apple Pay on my phone. If I’m going to an appointment, I’ll bring along a small wallet with cards and cash. But generally it’s just me and my pockets Smile

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:35 pm
Have a small wallet keychain with my car keys, cards, license and minimal cash.
Diaper bag holds all other essentials and stays in the car(Baby essentials, pads, chapstick, random pieces of paper I may need, business cards, etc)

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:41 pm
I'm not totally minimal but I have a small camera bag. It fits my phone wallet keys and maybe a pad, chapstick. Just right for me

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:43 pm
At least I'm not the only one! Lately I'll be in a room full of women and I'm the only one with a bag and I can't understand. No pockets because I hate to wear coats so I only wear one if I have a long walk or it's freezing. My baby is in high school so a diaper bag would be strange. Leaving my purse in my car can sometimes work, but what if I need a tissue?

amother
Clover

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:48 pm
I see so many people with just their phone with a case that has a strap. I get how it hold credit cards, license, etc. But how do you hold your car keys? A tampon?

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:58 pm
amother OP wrote:

I'm also middle aged and I rarely carry a pocketbook. Why would I need a pad or tampon? I would only put it in/on at home. No change, only credit cards. I wear all day lipstick. Reading glasses are on my nose (I have multi focal glasses). The papers and pamphlets go into my car and then I put them away when I get home. Tissues, gum, breathmint in my coat pocket. Credit card, license, health insurance info card etc in my phone. Did I leave anything out?

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:59 pm
Depends where I’m going.
Running errands - keys in my hand and phone in my hand. Card/cash in my phone holder.

Work/bigger trips - I have a handbag.

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:01 pm
I never thought of it as a trend

I just don’t like having a purse.

When I do have a little handbag, my little ones love to play “mommy” & end up carrying it around in the house and then I don’t have what I need when I need it;)

I keep keys & my phone in my coat pocket with cash or a cc card if needed

In the summer I often put my keys/ phone in my stroller

I try to keep my license in my car so I know it’s with me when I drive

When I need stuff for an outing, I usually need a lot, including diapers/ snacks for baby or kids so I take a shopping bag for it all

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:03 pm
Until this year I used to carry a large "Mommy" purse with tons of stuff just in case I needed it. I had a collapsible umbrella and plenty of tissues and menstrual pads of all types plus an actual paper pad and pens in case I needed to write something down. I carried bandaids and spare ponytail elastics and safety pins and hand sanitizer. I carried my checkbook and spare glasses and ChapStick and Tums and ibuprofen. Of course, I also had my wallet and phone and my car keys and house keys and spare keys for my parent's house and my in laws. I had granola bars and ricolas and even a spare pair of underwear and socks to change into for doctor appointments when I had to take off my tights because my feet get cold. I had plenty of room to stuff receipts in and I even carried a couple of stamps in case I had to mail a letter. Before the advent of smart phones I used to also carry a scratch and sniff board book to entertain toddlers in an emergency. Oh, and of course barf bags. I learned to carry those when I was first pregnant.

I mean, it was ridiculous. I may have always been prepared for anything short of the apocalypse, but that bag was heavy. I started to have back and shoulder problems recently and I had to downsize. Now I carry a small purse with just the basics - wallet, a couple of tissues, ChapStick, a mini hand sanitizer, a pad, and a pen. My phone and keys are usually in my coat pockets. I feel ridiculously free and I don't miss the big purse at all! I may have to stop and think what to bring with me for the day, but I drive almost everywhere and can leave stuff in the car.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:14 pm
amother Clover wrote:
I see so many people with just their phone with a case that has a strap. I get how it hold credit cards, license, etc. But how do you hold your car keys? A tampon?

Agree......
I guess that's why some prefer to just have a pktbk type bag and others prefer to manage without.
Ever see all those phones on the table at a chasunah? Where are their wallets etc? Prob left in the car.....hiding.....

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:20 pm
When I'm just running to work it's annoying to have another bag over my coat so I just put my keys and phone in my coat pocket. I usually don't end up using the things in my pocketbook anyway so why shlep it

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:31 pm
I have a phone with case that holds my CC (only carry one), my drivers license, health insurance card, AAA, and a folded up $20.
I don’t carry lip balm or tampons. But in my car I keep 2 sets of glasses (regular and prescription sun), purell, a few pads/tampons in the glove compartment, snacks in the console, tissues, and in the little compartment by the gas handle-my Aldi’s quarter.

Keys are either in a coat or skirt pocket. Usually I put my phone in my skirt pocket as well.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:34 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
I have a phone with case that holds my CC (only carry one), my drivers license, health insurance card, AAA, and a folded up $20.
I don’t carry lip balm or tampons. But in my car I keep 2 sets of glasses (regular and prescription sun), purell, a few pads/tampons in the glove compartment, snacks in the console, tissues, and in the little compartment by the gas handle-my Aldi’s quarter.

Keys are either in a coat or skirt pocket. Usually I put my phone in my skirt pocket as well.

Oh the joys of those who wear clothes with pockets! Smile
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics