Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Reminisce: NOSH!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Bebe

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 6:44 pm
I liked those sesame candys too! I never see them anywhere anymore though!

happymom

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 8:20 pm
Quote:
how about those little peanut-butter cups or the marshmellow covered chocolate cups. they were bite size. Those were sooo delicious.

I loved those! I was always wondering what happened to them???

carrot

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 9:51 pm
another vote for sesame candies!

and banana laffy taffy squares.... there was a period of time when I LIVED off them...

Tovah

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 9:57 pm
seasame candies, those were gooooooooood!

miriam

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 10:27 pm
I think they are easy to make.

BlumaG

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 10:32 pm
they ahve those sesame candies in bars in england, my kids luvd them there

Tila

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 10:42 am
Whatsa chew chew?? We has wig wag bars and when I was a secular jew as a child I ate coffee crisps smarties and I oh so long for the triefa KD but Wacky Mac will do.

Newlywed

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 4:31 pm
Does anyone remember the candy which was a wax tube that you had to bite off the top and inside it was colorful juice?

I loved those!

shopaholic

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 4:32 pm
Tila - Chew chews were little square taffys in fruit punch or cherry flavor. they came 6 in a pack wrapped in wax paper. Kinda like Now & Laters. Gosh, I know TOO many details about them. I'm a Huge nosher so I remember every kind of candy.

The peanut butter cups or the marshmallow ones were called Dream Cups. I can taste them now. My sister & I still talk about them. She has a recipe for the peanut butter ones & its a pretty close match.

Does anyone remember Rondos? They were a kosher version of Rolos. Yum! My sister & I would buy cases if they mede them again.

mother48

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 5:37 pm
this post is so not fair to preg ppl!

I could use a chew chew now! I liked the cherry best.

it's amazing we all made to adulthood with out loosing some teeth on those!

mother48

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 5:39 pm
sorry newlyed, those wax things were horrible! you ended up eating so much wax, and if you were lucky, got a tiny sweet juice!

I do miss the parave twinkies. I used to buy those for myself for after a fast when I was like 12.

hardwrknmom

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 7:39 pm
momof3 refresh my memory on what rondos were???

daisy

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 8:01 pm
Are goldenberg's peanut chews still around? those were good. This will probably really date me, but when I was a kid paskesz had these small red bags of gum - they came in squares and in little nuggets and were really good.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Dec 21 2005, 12:23 am
WoW! A Post on nosh deserves 3 pages of discussion!! lol...
Chew chews are still available where I live.. they are delicious. and the sesame candies are also still available..
They used to have s/thing, I cant remember the name, but it was sugan on a stick, I would call it yarn sugar.. it looks like crushed ice on a piece of thread... I think they might still have it in some places.

sarahd

Post Wed, Dec 21 2005, 3:38 am
Goldenberg's peanut chews are definitely still around. I remember Rondos - I wonder why they went off the market.

I also remember those Sova (I think) devil dogs - they used to sell them at recess in my school. Yum.

hisorerus

Post Wed, Dec 21 2005, 3:52 am
The sugar on a string is called rock candy. I bought it once for camp but one of my bunkmates stole it Exploding anger. I hear it's not so hard to make, though.

lucky

Post Wed, Dec 21 2005, 11:06 am
SevenSenses wrote:
used to have s/thing, I cant remember the name, but it was sugan on a stick, I would call it yarn sugar.. it looks like crushed ice on a piece of thread... I think they might still have it in some places.

They have it at Grands. Middle of the aisle , third shelf from the top. LOL

I like the sesame candies too. Best part is that none of my kids like it so it doesn't disapare as soon as I buy them.

Tila

Post Wed, Dec 21 2005, 11:57 am
Sounds like laffy taffy!! I am about to indulge in a COFFEE kit kat that Yocheved says tastes like coffee crisp!I am onwrapping it now....OHHHHHHHHHH Heaven!! Honest!! Wow and they are limited editions too Crying

shopaholic

Post Wed, Dec 21 2005, 12:47 pm
Hardwrkn - Rondos were little round milchig chocolates about 1/3 " high piled o top of each other in a tower & wrapped in paper. they cost $1 each roll, which 15 years ago was a lot of money, especially for a kid. My sister & I would buy them when we went shopping for our mother & eat them on the way home or in bed at night!

hardwrknmom

Post Wed, Dec 21 2005, 12:53 pm
I remember the pink wrapper (also about 15 bite size candies) all different light pastel colors, they were gewwwy and soo yum. Don't remember what they were called.

I'm trying to think If I remember what your talking about momof3.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics