Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
What did you do today?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

bnm

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 9:26 pm
Coney Island

manhattanmom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 10:41 pm
took ds to the sensory gym (half hour walk each way) for OT (as I do every Tuesday) came home, ate lunch, both kids napped for 3 hours and I napped for 2! Straightened up the house a bit, went to class, came home, straightened up a bit more.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 8:00 am
Yesterday we took dear foster son and the same 2 other boys as yesterday (ages 7, 8, and 9) to the McKeldin area of Patapsco Valley State Park, off Marriottsville Rd, about 35 minutes from Baltimore. We played at the small Liberty Rapids beach, hiked along the shore, and ventured onto the rocks in the river. Total cost: $2 for parking.

INSPIREME

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 10:30 am
Chaylizi - Where is the Rainbow play structures that have this option of $5 per head to play?

Fox

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 10:37 am
Yesterday was the Art Institute of Chicago. My feet are killing, but we managed to see most of the Renoirs, Monets, Manets, Toulouse-Lautrecs, and, of course, Sunday on the Island of La Grande Jatte. DD was plotzing to see the Warhols, but I wasn't sure of the contents of that gallery, so I put it off.

Today, my older kids are going shopping with their friends, and I'm taking my 9-year-old to the Sears/Willis Tower observatory.

Inspired

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 10:45 am
Visited with very close friends in Tzfat and then took all our kids on a hike through the wadi to the kever of Reb Yehuda bar Illai (tana,talmud of rebbe akiva). Kids and dh continued on to meron, I came home to make dinner.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 12:28 pm
I think we're going to go to a kid's petting farm (free Smile)

sky

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 12:49 pm
greenfire wrote:
I'm sure there are places closer to lakewood as it's apple picking / corn maze season ...

http://www.state.nj.us/cgi-bin.....mouth

Johnson's corner farm http://www.johnsonsfarm.com/ is an hour away from Lakewood. but the apples are expensive!! We had fun though. We picked a lot of apples, and some pumpkins and pretty gourds to make a centerpiece for the sukkah for the last days.

there is also Snipe's farm in Yardley they have a nice maze and apple picking but I'm not sure how many of the activities are open during the week. You can call and check. We've been there in the past and enjoyed it. http://www.snipesfarm.com/. It is also an hour away from Lakewood.

Our son gave a wimple to the torah yesterday and we made a nice breakfast reception in our house for just family, and then went apple picking. It was a lot of fun. We made apple pies yesterday night. And early this morning we made candied apples and compote (we have to use up all our apples over succos Smile). Now I'm working and the kids are napping (I hope they are really tired and will take a long nap).

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 4:06 pm
Dreyed around the house all morning.
Drove my kids to Yerushalayim for an afternoon Bar MItzva. The traffic in the city was horrendous! B"H made it to the BM at the Prima Palace (used to be Central) hotel in the Sukkah. Yakov Shwekey performed and my kids were thrilled to see him in the flesh! Got home at 6:30, exhausted. Tomorrow, we have secular friends coming to our sukkah in the morning. At night I'm invited to an annual birthday party for a friend in the neighborhood, made by his wife. I'll get to katchka around with the ladies a bit, which is always fun...

bubby

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 5:49 pm
Watched an old lady literally get blown over in BP, sprinted like the clappers out of the car to pick her up, yelled at some moron who told me she couldn't help me pick her up because she had a bag in each hand shock shock , called Hatzalah, watched all the Chassidishe male sightseers run to see why Hatzalah was there (they must've thought we ran her over Rolling Eyes) took the lady to 13th Ave, took her home, & came home, not finishing what we intended because I was too stressed out.

I need a vacation. Crying Crying Crying

Isramom8

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 7:49 pm
Slept late (so did my baby). Davened. Entertained surprise sukkah-hopping guests (friends with kids) with the very last of our brownies and other nosh - I was so happy we still had some, since I food-shop on Wednesdays! Food-shopped with my baby. Made a nice milchig dinner - had my father over.

This all sounds nice and calm before adding in the, shall we say, constant background, er, liveliness of all the other kids bah"r (including teens).

Yeah, it was interesting. All my days are interesting. Of course, there are days I feel that "interesting like this I can use ike a hole in the head". Baruch Hashem yom yom.

My teens went to try to observe tonight's Shwekey concert from behind the fence, since, for various reasons, no one offered to buy them tickets. Next thing I heard is that our second son appeared on a huge screen dancing to his heart's content right up there with Shwekey. I don't get it. But as I said, all my days are, um, interesting...

QUEENY

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 8:25 pm
I went to a Children's Museum in Philadelphia. It was really nice. I though my kids would last an hour there but we stayed for more than three and we had to leave even though they could've stayed longer.

hello

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 8:32 pm
1000 Island & Albany!!!!
Any ideas for tomorrow? local NY!!!!

Reality

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 8:33 pm
We went to the NY Hall of Science. It was great. Not crowded & 99% frum. Stuff for everyone to enjoy from babies to the grown-ups.

new-here

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 8:38 pm
Went to Bear Mountain State park & zoo on Monday, best part that is was FREE
Did the Riis Park Circus yesterday, which the kids really enjoyed. The show was 2 hours long and every interesting.
In the morning, the children played with their brand new dollhouse. Later in the afternoon today we went out for ice cream & grocery shopping.
Tomorrow we might do an apple orchard in Middletown, or I might just stay home and bake cookies. We will see how things turn out.

zigi

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 9:12 pm
I went to the jewish childrens museum. it was nice but it was hard b/c they didn't let strollers in there

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 9:13 pm
Took the kids to see Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 9:15 pm
Today dear foster son went out with his daddy and we took Dear-feeling-very-neglected-bio-son#2 (age 20) to the National Zoo in Washington DC. The zoo was free; parking was $20 -- DS's choice of trip. He originally wanted to go kayaking but we couldn't find a lake with weekday rentals. The zoo was not at all crowded and DH and DS#2 were part of 2 different mincha minyans there. I'm worn out from field trips and hung out at the panda exhibit reading a book.
Smile Smile
Study

Last edited by Rubber Ducky on Wed, Oct 07 2009, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

achayl

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 9:30 pm
We took our kids to Niagara Falls yesterday for the simchas beis hachoeva that took place there last night. It was VERY nice. The street was closed off, there was dancing, free foods etc. It was sponsored by Chabad , but the beauty of it was there was all types of chassidim and litvish there ... hats, no hats, shtreimels. It was so nice to see.
We spent the night at a hotel because I found very good rates at a hotel right next to the horseshoe falls. My husband told me there was no less than 200 men at shacharis this morning!
We had a lousy summer this year, and this really made up for some of it!!!
Now that my youngest is 10 years old, travelling is such a pleasure with them!!

mominisrael2

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 6:35 am
Helped DD1 finish up 15 pages of homework that she SHOULD have been doing a little of each day!! Exploding anger

(Anyone else's kids get homework over the vacation?? Arrrgghhh...)

DH and I are going to a concert tonight while the DDs go on a sleepover with friends...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics