Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
What did you do today?
1  2  3  Next

INSPIREME

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 10:09 pm
What did you do today? Anything interesting?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 11:13 pm
queens zoo.

shnipsel

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 11:20 pm
spent the day at the doctor with my little princess. poor thing!

SingALong

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 11:28 pm
took the kids to a new park we were never at before in the a.m., then I had to leave them with a babysitter lunchtime while I went on an interview for work for 3 hours, then I cam home and took them to a park with rides for 2 hours! busy day!

Strudel

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 11:43 pm
Dh's working, so did the same old thing.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 7:12 am
Yesterday we took dear foster son and 2 other boys (ages 7, 8, and 9) to Maize Quest Fun Park in Pennsylvania, about an hour from Baltimore. Lots of different types of walk through mazes for all ages, pedal carts, a giant slide, and they also have a u-pick farm next door. Total cost for an afternoon of active, thinking running around -- and half a bushel of apples for yontef pies -- was $44 (2 adults, 3 kids; we saved one $7.50 kid admission with a coupon from WWW). The patrons were all frum because this place is usually not open on weekdays in autumn. They have a small sukkah on-site. Highly recommended.

mominisrael2

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 8:55 am
DH took DD2 "bouncing" (one of these places with inflatable slides and stuff) while DD1 and I made cookies, now making a BBQ with friends...

nicole81

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 9:31 am
I'm working. but MIS2 I like your idea... I think I'll make cookies with the kids when I get home!

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 9:35 am
The girls went bouncing yesterday. Today dh took them to the zoo.

greenfire

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 11:11 am
went for a driving tour of beautiful mansions with stunning details - including an old historic hotel Alcazar - all in my neighborhood ... also went antiquing ...

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 11:30 am
RubberDucky - Maize Quest looks really nice. I will Mapquest it to see how far it is from Lakewood.

Thanks,

greenfire

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 11:57 am
I'm sure there are places closer to lakewood as it's apple picking / corn maze season ...

http://www.state.nj.us/cgi-bin.....mouth

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:30 pm
Thanks, Greenfire. That was very sweet of you. The MaizeQuest was over three hours away.

mommy's daughter

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:33 pm
dd sick with pmonia spso I stay home for the first 3 days so far

chaylizi

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:37 pm
dd had a birthday party today & then she went to a friend's house. I pent the majority of the day looking for dd's skirt (which I can't find anywhere & I'm so annoyed because it's impossible to get tznius skirts here.) I was supposed to have a cleaning lady, so I didn't really plan anything. tomorrow we're taking family pictures & thursday we're going to the rainbow play structures showroom (the kids get to play on all these super expensive play structures for $5 a head. they love it)

I also arranged for Dovy's PT & Lizi's sleep study. I feel very accomplished.

Last edited by chaylizi on Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

Raisin

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:38 pm
school and work. Sad we have a kids sukkos party tomorrow with horse and cart and bouncy castle, which is alot of work for me but hopefully kids will enjoy it.

if it is nice on thursday maybe we will take them somewhere after school.

bubby

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:43 pm
Chiropracter & baking. Yesterday...cardiologist & baking. Tomorrow...chiropracter & baking. SO exciting! Mad

bandcm

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:46 pm
In the morning, went with my son and baby for immunisations.
Afternoon, baked cookies with my two older ones, then they went swimming so I baked cakes with my toddler.
My husband left at 8:00 am on mivtzoim and will not be back until 8:00 pm at the earliest, so I am a single mother for the day.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:51 pm
Yesterday (I thought I posted this in chit chat) we went to a park/playground area and then to my s-I-l for a BBQ.
Today was rainy, so we're going out for ice cream soon, and possibly a simchas bais hashoeva later. We played games instead indoors.

tomorrow

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:53 pm
Walked through Geulah and through downtown. Waited out the rain in Beit HaRav Kook. Went to the Kotel, ate in the over-packed sukkah there. Went to the Kotel HaKatan to make sure we don't get lost Isru Chag when going to do my eldest's hanachat tefillin! Back up to Jewish quarter, boys went to the Burnt House with Abba and I took the girls to the Machon HaMikdash craft activity and play. On the way home, we bought new shoes for Mister 10-year-old.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics