Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Am so uncomfortable making myself public PLEASE READ!!!
Previous  1  2  3

devo1982

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 10:14 pm
That's so exciting, OP!

I don't have any practical advice, but I know that many of the romance writers of the world write under pseudonyms, etc. and keep their identities hidden while still being public-ish figures. I have no idea how they do it, but I would love to find out! Eloisa James did it for years before outing herself as a professor of English Literature at Fordham. Apparently by wearing contacts (hey, if it worked for Superman...): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eloisa_James

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 10:26 pm
amother wrote:
Professor said it perfectly!
Although having a net worth of $1 billion would aid my tuition paying, chasuna making, borsalino and breindy kaminer buying lifestyle Wink
Thanks for putting the rav in perspective..a poster above (maybe it was gp.0 I dont remember) also mentioned a rav so thanks you two!
Im planning a chat with him Smile

breindy kaminer???

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 8:55 am
amother wrote:
breindy kaminer???

BK wigs

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 9:01 am
Op,
Are you being published for the the first time?

How long till an agent responded to you?

I'm asking because I wrote a novel and am considering submitting it for possible publication.

Also, would you recommend Curtis Brown agents as well for a New Yorker?

If not, anyone can recommend agents based in the U.S. who would take on a previous unpublished writer? My book is extremely unique - unlike anything ever published I believe. I need someone who is willing to take a risk...

gp2.0

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 9:30 am
amother wrote:
Op,
Are you being published for the the first time?

How long till an agent responded to you?

I'm asking because I wrote a novel and am considering submitting it for possible publication.

Also, would you recommend Curtis Brown agents as well for a New Yorker?

If not, anyone can recommend agents based in the U.S. who would take on a previous unpublished writer? My book is extremely unique - unlike anything ever published I believe. I need someone who is willing to take a risk...

What's your book about? What genre? What audience (age)?

The writers market is a book updated every year with agents and publishers.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 9:53 am
YA Fiction. Don't want to give too many details but it's not a crime or thriller.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 11:47 am
http://ktliterary.com/submissions/

These agents are on my wish list (for the novel I haven't finished lol) but there are so many more.

Another option besides the writers market book is looking at books you like, that are similar to yours, and see what agent they used.

Rebecca Beck

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 4:09 pm
I don't think it's weird at all to write for a non Jewish audience. I blog for the non Jews too. I'm so used to it that although I would love to write for the Jewish magazines, I have to learn how Smile
I'm impressed by everyone who writes books!

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 4:16 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Lemony snicket is the supposed biographer of the Baudelaire children in a series of unfortunate events. The author used it both as a pseudonym and a literary device as the character made a brief appearance in the series. He had a disguised author photo too. But of course people eventually found out who he was - they were curious.

J.D. Robb is the pseudonym of Nora Roberts, who wrote chiefly romance books and wanted to break into the crime novel genre.

JK Rowling as Robert Galbraith - again the deception didn't last very long.

I'm familiar with the Lemony Snicket books. I meant, if I bumped into the person who wrote the books at a social function, I would not know it was him. His picture is not on the books and he uses a pseudonym. Whearas, I did actually see J.K Rowling once and instantly recognised her. Her picture is everywhere.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club