Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
So...what did you break your fast on?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Shendellah

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 9:56 am
Gatorade, bagel with egg and cheese, and celebrated my DD 8th b-day! with a half moon cookie and some kosher skittles!

Metukah

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 10:02 am
I baked 6 lb worth of rogelach; some vanilla, some chocolate, some babka, kokosh, cinnamon buns and lotus buns.
I broke my fast on a cup of oj, then I had a cup of tea and tasted some of the goodies. I also nushed on some microwave popcorn.
Later on I had some vegetable barley soup and a fresh garlic roll.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 10:43 am
I broke my fast on vegetable soup and watermelon. Later I had a small piece of fresh home-made kokosh cake.

For everyone else I also prepared bagels, cream cheese, tuna, egg salad and scrambled eggs.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 10:44 am
We always break every fast with bagels, cream cheese and lox. The only time I actually eat bagels is after a fast.

What I learned this time, though, is that I need to first have a cup of coffee with a LOT of sugar, then wait half an hour before eating. It was not a good fast, to say the least.

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 10:52 am
Fresh rolls with butter and scrambled eggs
Butternut squash soup
Mocha cake

simba

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 10:55 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
The omelette sounds delicious. Can you post the recipe please?

Sure. It from the 2nd Quick and Kosher, Meals in Minutes. (Jamie Geller I believe)

Butter for frying
3 eggs whipped with salt and pepper
Fine herbs (equal parts chives, parsley, tarragon, chevril)
Goat cheese, crumbled

Makes for a quite sophisticated and tasty twist on a classic cheese omelette.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 11:03 am
Watermelon cheese cake and a Hungarian food called Rokod krumply it's potatoes eggs and sour cream layered and baked or simmered

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 11:04 am
I’m I the only one that was feeling so horrible by 2pm? I feel so bad that I didn’t make it till the end... I fasted the whole shiva Asar b’tamuz.... but I had a migraine yesterday that was getting worse and worse.... I read in a Sefer about halachos of Tisha B’av that if one is feeling sick on a nidche they can break it so I did after chatzos. I first swallowed pain killer without water but it didn’t take the headache away.... I feel so bad that I didn’t make it till the end but after I read that one may eat if sick on a nidche I couldn’t hold myself back. Believe it or not, I feel weak today as if I had a regular fast. (I made my own havdalla on coffee... my family doesn’t know that I broke it, I ate when no one was around)

The person who wrote that the fast was over at 7 ... where do you live??? Here it wasn’t over till 9;15!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 11:55 am
I have headaches when I fast I take tylenol suppositories if you need caffeine they have tylenol caffeine also - was amazing kept me feeling so good was able to go out to shiurim shop cook etc. Bh

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 1:43 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
We always break every fast with bagels, cream cheese and lox. The only time I actually eat bagels is after a fast.

What I learned this time, though, is that I need to first have a cup of coffee with a LOT of sugar, then wait half an hour before eating. It was not a good fast, to say the least.

Really? Lots of sugar? No sugar for me. I drink first, but mainly water no coffee. I eat very little after that, something light with a little salt in it. I still feel awful afterwards though.
We’re all different but I wonder if you’ll feel better next time if you skip the sugar. In the past I found having anything sweet makes me even sicker than I normally get after a fast.

jewwoman

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 1:44 pm
warm Croissants. Then we had soup and bagels..

jewishmom4

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 1:50 pm
2 coffees, 1 decaf, coffee cake and brownie cake and tylenol of course, and bag of schwartz pretzels, this is something our family does every fast day, we devour 2 family size bags dont ask me why....

mha3484

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 2:02 pm
Coconut water, a cinnamon bun from this amazing Amish bakery and grapes, veggie soup and pasta. I find the day after the fast much harder. I really need to be on top of myself to drink a lot today and eat healthy meals instead of grazing on junk.

jewishmom4

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 2:21 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Coconut water, a cinnamon bun from this amazing Amish bakery and grapes, veggie soup and pasta. I find the day after the fast much harder. I really need to be on top of myself to drink a lot today and eat healthy meals instead of grazing on junk.

day after is much harder for me too, am so hungry, weak, and out of sorts

saralem

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 7:49 pm
Just a bowl of oatmeal and iced decaf coffee. Dh has salmon and coleslaw.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 8:04 pm
amother wrote:
Andrea, let us know how it goes. I would love to try that sometime too.

So the headache hit After drinking 2 litres of water. I had some rendered lamb fat and chicken skin and a small bowl of radish salad plus some chicken broth. No headache today. I’ll have to try it another day. Now that I’m off my indigestion drugs, if I’m going to take Advil, I have to eat.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 8:06 pm
amother wrote:
Really? Lots of sugar? No sugar for me. I drink first, but mainly water no coffee. I eat very little after that, something light with a little salt in it. I still feel awful afterwards though.
We’re all different but I wonder if you’ll feel better next time if you skip the sugar. In the past I found having anything sweet makes me even sicker than I normally get after a fast.

Since I went low carb, this is the best fasting has ever been. I’ve not eaten sugar, sweetener or grains in 14 months. Last Tom kippur I stayed in bed like I did in the past but this time, I had a very active day. Short of a small headache after, I was great today!

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 12:51 am
Peppermint tea with honey
Quinoa salad

heidi

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 5:46 am
Regular garlic bread and cheesy garlic bread. Beer bread. Potato soup. Noodle cheese kugel. Carb overload but the kids loved it. Lots of OJ and water.

Chloe22

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 7:50 am
Coffee
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note