Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why I always post as amother
Previous  1  2  3

Yael

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 12:04 am
amother wrote:
I think I've been misunderstood. Yael just wrote that posting as amother is "bad form" but if you are 'shy or not confident in your opinions like the person who posted "why I always post as amother" (me) then its ok until you get more confident.' Was that really the take away from what I wrote? If we wanted to be completely open then why don't we just post with our real names +location? What's with this pseuo anonymity? I thought the beauty of this site comes from the authentic exchange that comes from people expressing themselves honestly and openly in a way they can't necessarily do at the park or in shul or at school pickup. There are a myriad of reasons why I don't share my health problems or my financial situation or how I feel about my mother in law etc with the whole Jewish world. This is a place to share and vent and get clarity without having to expose yourself or your family to scrutiny. At least that's what I thought it was.

I think you misunderstood me. I said it’s bad form to post as amother for no good reason or to be cowardly.
Posting as amother to protect your identity or privacy is considered a good reason.
When I referred to this thread I wasn’t specifically referring to the op. I meant the ones who specifically said they are too scared or shy to post with their username.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 1:03 am
Ah! ok, thanks for clarifying.
Communication can be so tricky!!
Good shabbos all! Sunny
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics