Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking to move to Monsey
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 7:37 pm
I’ve been living in monsey for twenty years. In the past ten years so much has changed.
Most of the main monsey homes have been knocked down and where there used to be two families there are now twenty which adds to the traffic.
Schools have become really hard to get into.
The traffic is insane between 7:30-10:00 and 2:30-6:30. And people drive worse and there’s people everywhere.
Everyone is moving farther out so carpooling is harder. Also busing is not a good situation.
I miss the monsey before it became a city.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 7:37 pm
I think Brooklyn people like monsey better than old monsey people

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 7:38 pm
Totally off topic but the not driving is insane!! I wish we can all do something about it. Getting around with taxis is hell!!

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 7:40 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Traffic on main street is horrendous every day during bus time going & coming from school. It's only empty basically in the early afternoon. Friday afternoon, before yom tov.... the entire area is at a stand still.

That's why its called main street..
the rest of the streets are like driving on a prairie.....you're driving down long, mostly empty roads surrounded by nature...
I live in chestnut ridge

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 7:47 pm
Hi OP. I want to move to outskirts Monsey too from Brooklyn and reading these posts is making me sad.. I’m originally from OOT. I want trees, big properties and quiet. We want to stay in tristate area because of our jobs. I don’t want to live in/near Lakewood. We have been saving up steadily and I always daydream about our future home and community… I’m a pretty realistic person but this negativity has really gotten me down…

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 7:49 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
I’ve been living in monsey for twenty years. In the past ten years so much has changed.
Most of the main monsey homes have been knocked down and where there used to be two families there are now twenty which adds to the traffic.
Schools have become really hard to get into.
The traffic is insane between 7:30-10:00 and 2:30-6:30. And people drive worse and there’s people everywhere.
Everyone is moving farther out so carpooling is harder. Also busing is not a good situation.
I miss the monsey before it became a city.

You mean you miss when we were a destroyed nation with a few survivors? And now that we rebuilt our numbers you want to wipe us out again? Do people not hear themselves?

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 7:51 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
You mean you miss when we were a destroyed nation with a few survivors? And now that we rebuilt our numbers you want to wipe us out again? Do people not hear themselves?

No monsey used to have trees was a suburb! Now it’s a huge mess there are no trees the traffic is insane no school accepts kids without huge down payments! I miss the old suburb monsey!

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 7:53 pm
amother Broom wrote:
No monsey used to have trees was a suburb! Now it’s a huge mess there are no trees the traffic is insane no school accepts kids without huge down payments! I miss the old suburb monsey!

So where should we shove all those extra people? Lakewood says no, oot says no,Brooklyn is over priced, now what? Any ideas? Maybe Kentucky?

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 7:54 pm
So where should we shove all those extra people? Lakewood says no, oot says no,Brooklyn is over priced, now what? Any ideas? Maybe Kentucky?

Monsey is also overpriced!! This all happened from Brooklynn people coming to monsey and bidding on apartments offering more rent etc.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 7:55 pm

Oh my, cut the drama! Wiping us out again???
What the..... are you even listening to yourself???

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 7:59 pm
I moved to (outskirts) Monsey from Brooklyn 1.5 years ago. And I do not regret it for a second I live on a quiet street I have a nice property with grass and trees (14k tax). Quality of life is 100 times better. Yes there is traffic in main Monsey, school transportation isn’t the best… I do have my own car now but didn’t for the first half year and didn’t have transportation to school at all during that time, it wasn’t the easiest but I managed just fine.
Even with all that it was totally worth it for the improved quality of life, the grass the trees the calm nothing like it.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:01 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Monsey is also overpriced!! This all happened from Brooklynn people coming to monsey and bidding on apartments offering more rent etc.

And what did you want them to do? Brooklyn can’t grow it’s surrounded by bad neighborhoods unlike monsey which can. They needed places to live. Why are you more entitled to live there than them?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:02 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Oh my, cut the drama! Wiping us out again???
What the..... are you even listening to yourself???

Just repeating what you all sound like.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:09 pm
amother Broom wrote:

I know, right?! Those terrible Brooklyn people! Let them all just stay in their tiny stuffy apartments and not come and ruin our lives!!
/sarcasm obviously

Seriously, though, I have no skin in the game, I'm not considering a move to money. But why does every thread about moving turn into a Brooklyn bash fest? The hated and vitriol toward Brooklyn people is astounding , and is straight up sinas chinam. They are not terrible people. The are regular mothers just like you, who just want to do what's best for their family.

Instead of hating on the Brooklyn people, just be thankful that you started off in Monsey (or wherever) and do not have to go through what the Brooklyn people do. I'm sure most of them would love to stay in Brooklyn, but the living conditions are intolerable. It's not easy to pick up your family and move and turn everything upside down. No one is moving for fun. It's one of the most difficult things to do. Be grateful and thank Hashed you don't have to go through that.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:11 pm

Sorry but twenty years ago we were not a small nation. Your comparison is actually making me disgusted (I never use this term)

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:14 pm
Honestly what I’m upset about is turning houses into condos.
I’m more than happy for people from Brooklyn to move here. But keep it the way it was. Each family has its own house with property. That’s what the streets are made for and so is the sewers system.
I like that it’s spreading out all the way to stony point.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:17 pm
amother Broom wrote:
City has better public transportation monsey the taxis have monopoly and they charge what they want!

There’s no monopoly. There are plenty of taxi companies

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:19 pm
Just repeating what you all sound like.

Absolutely no one sounds like this. You just have a twisted way of thinking and comprehending things.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:23 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
I know, right?! Those terrible Brooklyn people! Let them all just stay in their tiny stuffy apartments and not come and ruin our lives!!
/sarcasm obviously

Seriously, though, I have no skin in the game, I'm not considering a move to money. But why does every thread about moving turn into a Brooklyn bash fest? The hated and vitriol toward Brooklyn people is astounding , and is straight up sinas chinam. They are not terrible people. The are regular mothers just like you, who just want to do what's best for their family.

Instead of hating on the Brooklyn people, just be thankful that you started off in Monsey (or wherever) and do not have to go through what the Brooklyn people do. I'm sure most of them would love to stay in Brooklyn, but the living conditions are intolerable. It's not easy to pick up your family and move and turn everything upside down. No one is moving for fun. It's one of the most difficult things to do. Be grateful and thank Hashed you don't have to go through that.

No one is bashing or hating! Everyone is free to move wherever they want to move, just like everyone is free to give true information about a place. You not liking the information you're hearing, doesn't make it hating or bashing.
(And no, living conditions in Brooklyn are not intolerable, unless you're purposely choosing for it to be intolerable.)

GLUE

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:24 pm

Please read up on the New Urbanism movement. yes I know it is not the Utopia, nothing is.

There are ways to build up a suburb with out causing endless sprawl.

The problem with Lakewood and it sounds like Monsey was the towns were build with out any sane planning.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating