Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Beit shemesh
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 2:17 am
amother Hawthorn wrote:
Cooking gas for the stove. I guess I should have been more clear.
Gas for car is a different story entirely, and I wouldn't include it in utilities.

Oh. That's nothing. Ours is like 60-80 shekels for two months. It's pretty cheap. If you have a grill and are constantly cooking for like ten people I guess it would be higher but it's not alot.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 2:21 am
Are there any areas in Bet Shemesh that are chassidish lite?

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 2:30 am
amother Cyan wrote:

Alef, gimmel

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 2:34 am
I second the opinion to rent before you buy.
You really need to be living here and figure out where you want to buy permanently.
Every apartment in RBS has a sukkah porch so it's not like you don't have any outdoor space at all. It just may not be a garden. But you can certainly have beautiful plants on your mirpeset while also having a nice view and that may be OK for you.

You may want to live closer to your kids schools. The schools are dispersed all over the entire RBS. Some schools don't have their own building yet and they may get moved to a random location.
There's just so many factors.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 9:06 am
Ok thanks everyone for all your input! I tremendously appreciate it.
I guess we will have to come and check out different areas before buying because I prefer to buy on paper so I can do financially pull it off.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 9:17 am
amother Cyan wrote:

Aleph, Gimmel, daled, heh.... What do you mean chassisidish lite? Like are you standards by chareidi standards or modern Orthodox or jpf?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 8:28 pm
Hi I am back with more questions.
thanks everyone!

Is there such a thing as a semi private home in RBS gimmel or daled?
I can't imagine living in a huge apartment building. Something like a 2-4 family home with 2 floors and a small outdoors. Or perhaps even a one floor home but more private than a typical building that I'm seeing online.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 8:29 pm
Also, after further review, it seems like buying on paper isn't doable because we want to move before 2-3 years.
So what is the next cheapest option - something being built now or buying something that somebody already lived in?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 9:04 am
Bumping for the Israeli crowd who can answer my questions! Love ya al and thanks!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 9:09 am
There definitely are smaller buildings, I can think of some in gimmel with 6 apartments. There are duplexes that have a feel of a "house", some with more apartments in the building, some with fewer (typically the duplex is either the ground floor apartment or the penthouse). There are also plenty of semi-detached homes in aleph and gimmel, not sure about daled. Your best bet would be to speak to a realtor

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 9:17 am
amother Hawthorn wrote:
There definitely are smaller buildings, I can think of some in gimmel with 6 apartments. There are duplexes that have a feel of a "house", some with more apartments in the building, some with fewer (typically the duplex is either the ground floor apartment or the penthouse). There are also plenty of semi-detached homes in aleph and gimmel, not sure about daled. Your best bet would be to speak to a realtor

Ok this info helps! thanks so much!

Reality

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 9:18 am
amother OP wrote:
thanks everyone!

I can't imagine living in a huge apartment building. Something like a 2-4 family home with 2 floors and a small outdoors. Or perhaps even a one floor home but more private than a typical building that I'm seeing online.

There definitely are but they are expensive.

realeez

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 9:25 am
I highly recommend renting before buying. I’m glad we did! Not anon so you can Pm me if you have any specific questions.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 9:47 am
amother OP wrote:
thanks everyone!

I live in an attached cottage in a new neighborhood in aleph. My home was sold on paper for 2.5 million and now it’s worth about 5 million. I bought it somewhere in the middle.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 9:50 am
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
I live in an attached cottage in a new neighborhood in aleph. My home was sold on paper for 2.5 million and now it’s worth about 5 million. I bought it somewhere in the middle.

The value doubled in how many years? That is a huge jump.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 9:59 am
We bought our cottage in RBS in 2015 on paper for 2.2 million shekel. We put in a million of shiputzim. By 2022 it was worth 7-8 million shekel.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:46 am
amother OP wrote:
thanks everyone!

There's private homes in Gimmel. They are probably over 2 million dollars....

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:47 am
amother OP wrote:
The value doubled in how many years? That is a huge jump.

Yeah. RBS keeps going up.... Blink and it will double lol

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:06 am
LovesHashem wrote:
There's private homes in Gimmel. They are probably over 2 million dollars....

Dollars? Im just thinking of where I live in Israel. No cottage or stand alone house is that price.
That sounds more like Jerusalem.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:08 am
amother Crystal wrote:
Dollars? Im just thinking of where I live in Israel. No cottage or stand alone house is that price.
That sounds more like Jerusalem.

I am not looking for an upscale single family villa. Just a duplex or some sort of smaller building.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions